Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Montkun

Thread: M405 ?????

Member #
    Liked
    1208 times

M405 ?????

So the little 40 S&W revolver has been out a while.....Whats the verdict...??????

I was all about the 40 S&W in a revolver ..but I was leaning toward a 4inch barreled 10mm /40 S&W Tracker....which would have been the cats Meow...
    The 45/70 Government..is the only Government I trust

My Taurus Family

Taurus Judge Poly PD
    Taurus M380
    Taurus TCP 380 ACP
    Taurus 327 Fed snubbie
    Rossi 44mag 2.5 inch barrel
    Rossi 357 Mag 3inch barrel

Twisty approved

Member #
    Liked
    3857 times

Re: M405 ?????

The 405 is definitely a good choice in revolvers, even if it is kind of an oddball piece. It comes with a set of stellar clips that hold five rounds each, acting as a free set of speedloaders. As different ammo can have slightly different case dimensions, you can adjust the clips with a flathead screwdriver. At the range I don't even use them, I reserve the clips for my SD ammo. Rounds fire perfectly fine without the clips, and as long as you keep the cylinder clean the empties fall right out.

I bought mine to fill two needs in my arsenal, the first was a .40 caliber and the second was a revolver. The .40 S&W packs a punch on both ends, making my range sessions rather short with it. I usually shoot it last when I'm shooting handguns since .45 ACP's seem to have much milder recoil in my hands. Accuracy is decent to about 10 yards, but seeing as it's a snub nose I wouldn't dare expect 1911 tack driving from it. But as a SD weapon, it's definitely a force to be reckoned with. The DA pull is stiff but not bad, SA is almost scary considering I can make the hammer fall using the nail on my pinky finger.

Overall, good gun that I would personally recommend. If you want more versatility, I would recommend the 605 since you can run both .38's and .357's in it.
    jonrjen likes this.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Links