Taurus Firearm Forum banner

905 Stellar Clips

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Robby 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Know where I can find Stellar Clips for a Taurus 905 (9mm) revolver?
- My local shop does not carry them.
- Called Taurus USA, and they have been on backorder for months now.
- Ranchproducts does not make them.
- TC Custom does not make them.

Anyone want to sell me some?
Thanks,
Z.

#2 ·
zamboni said:
Hi all,

Know where I can find Stellar Clips for a Taurus 905 (9mm) revolver?
- My local shop does not carry them.
- Called Taurus USA, and they have been on backorder for months now.
- Ranchproducts does not make them.
- TC Custom does not make them.

Anyone want to sell me some?
Thanks,
Z.
I will buy yours??? I have an order in with Taurus for 5 sets of 5. Who knows when I will get them! Oh someone here posted that you can fire the 9mm without the moon clips and they will drop out when you open the cylinder. I have not tried to fire them that way yet, but I do know they seat just like their in the clip if you load them individually.

#5 ·
For anyone, who has the 905, and is looking for moonclips, stellar clips. Readily available is the moon clip for the s&w 940, MidwayUSA has them, and probably several others.

However, on checking midwayusa, I hit a link that I do not normally use looking for loader stuff, and guess what they expect to be stocking 905 stellar clips soon. They are saying by 7-19-08 ( I do not actually believe them, as I waited for months for some ammo to come back in stock before I cancelled the order) But you might do like I did and set it up for them to send me a reminder when they get in stock.

Here is link to where they are on MidwayUSA site. http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=586890

#6 ·
Robby: S&W 940 clips will not work with a Taurus 905. The center hole is too small & the clip is too thick (they are about 0.40" thk & the stellar is about 0.20" thk).
I've looked for replacement clips & couldn't find any aftermarket ones. I'd like to try a clip that's about 0.30" thk. I had ftf's (light hit) with my 905c when I first got it. I suspect that a thicker clip would have held the ammo closer to the firing pin & improved ignition. As is, I had to increase main spring pressure & the problem went away. Also, the stellar clip seems to be too thin to hold the rounds firmly. As stated earlier, they bend easily & could malfunction when carried in your pocket.
I like my 905c, it shoots to POA & carries easy in a pocket due to the bobbed hammer. I found recoil to be harsh with the stock grips, but a set of Hogue mono with a place for the third finger was a huge improvement.
Jeff

#7 ·
Yeah, I know the source I got the info from, said you had to dremel the opening but after you did they worked. I am not ready to try that yet.

MidwayUSA, has like if figured, backed up their dates to August. So I figure they are not gonna have them very soon, if ever. I still have hopes my direct order from Taurus will come if and when they make them and release them to the after market.

#8 ·
I've had a 905 for about 3 years, and very rarely use the clips. The clips are nice to load and eject, but when target practicing it becomes easier to just load the bullets directly in the cylinder. For the shells that stick, I just use a twig to punch them out. The bullets seat in the cylinder perfectly, and I've had no failures since buying the gun.

#9 ·
Hobbit said:
I've had a 905 for about 3 years, and very rarely use the clips. The clips are nice to load and eject, but when target practicing it becomes easier to just load the bullets directly in the cylinder. For the shells that stick, I just use a twig to punch them out. The bullets seat in the cylinder perfectly, and I've had no failures since buying the gun.
I am still using the original 5 clips, but as I am not shooting much right now, have not tried the loose loading yet. I usually carry a cleaning rod so if they stick removal would not be a major problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.