Member #
    Liked
    26 times

Cool Poly 605 357 holster

Hi, if your using a holster for your Poly 605 in 357, can you please tell me who makes it and what model Taurus or other firearm it was originally intended for. If it's the holster was for a Judge, I need to know which model, what cylinder size, as well as the barrel size. I'm trying to avoid ordering the wrong one. The only place where I can buy a holster here locally is Academy Sporting Goods, but they don't offer some of the better makes. I can't walk in anywhere and just fit it. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by indomitable; 07-26-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    I use a Tagua non thumb break paddle holster for the Judge 2 1/2 " barrel.
    Not a perfect fit but meets the prerequisites for a good holster; it retains the gun well and covers the trigger while allowing easy, smooth removal of the handgun when needed.

Last edited by rclinton; 07-26-2012 at 04:13 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I guess every gun model faces a time when nobody makes grips or holsters for it. The poly seems to be at that point now. Hopefully it will go the way of the Judge, where you can't throw a stick without hitting somebody that makes a Judge accessory. Anyway Mr. Clinton, you seem to have it as good as it gets right now. Thanks again.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    OK, for the many that viewed this thread and didn't reply because it was obvious and you didn't want to embarass me, thanks. I have since figured out how to chose a holster. I have owned and own a few guns. Most of the holsters that I have were given to me or came with the gun.

I was looking for a holster made specifically for the Poly 605 in 357. No. They don't make it yet, or I did not know of it at the time I was searching for this one. Having said that, my next consideration would be the type of frame. In this case a J frame revolver. Next considersation was the size of the barrel. In this case 2.5 inch. Next consideration was caliber, This Poly is the 357. There are many variables to consider after that. Do I want it to be a shoulder holster, cross draw holser, in belt holster, out of belt holster? I prefer a paddle holster. So I found a used one on ebay for $24 bucks. It was advertised as being a J frame S&W holster. It has "made in paraguay" stamed on it. I think it's a Tagua. The funny part is that I use to own a GP100. About 12 years ago I bought a holster for it, but I did not like the way the gun sat tilted with the grip forward on my belt, cause I've got some gut there. So I never wore it. After I bought this holster on ebay, I found that old holster in the very back of my garage. It's a Bianchi Black Widow for a 38/357 Ruger/S&W. The Black Widow fit is good, but I don't like a holster with belt loop, or for the gun to sit with the grip tilted forward. So, once again, I threw it into the back of the garage. I was very pleased with this one. It fits like a glove, a tight glove. The gun won't fall out and it's quick to pull. It was an adventure looking for it and learning a little bit more about holsters. I hope a fellow holster green horn or Poly 605 357 owner can benefit from my silliness. Good Luck!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by indomitable; 08-05-2012 at 01:58 AM.
    Pt-58 .380 decoker SS, Pt-911 9mm, Poly 605 357, FNP 40, FI Mod D .380, Remington 700 .270, CZ American 17 hmr (honey maple stock), Ruger 10/22, RIA 9mm/22TCM

Links