Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Taurus M405 .40 S&W

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    6937 times

Taurus M405 .40 S&W

Sorta would like one. new gun store opened on the way to my part time job. I stopped in there on the way home the other day to see what he had (not much) and availability on the 405. Well, he looked it up, said only ONE distributor had one and that, in stainless, it'd run$375. Price is okay, but I have to recharge my money supply, but I told him, I won't buy anything sight unseen and he was unwilling to just order one for my inspection being as he's a small shop just starting up and don't have much for inventory. Unless I can find one in a display somewhere, I ain't gonna bite. I don't order guns sight unseen, especially revolvers.
    Taurus Rossi
    M85UL M511 Sportsman
    M66 3" blue M68 3"
    M66 4" Nickel M92 Carbine in .357 Mag
    M605 Poly Protector
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" - G.B. Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    I have the blued version of the 405, and I love it. If you can get one quick you are lucky. I had to wait for 3+ months because I ordered one soon after they came out. When ordering, I wasn't sure what to think, but it handles well, the lockwork is great, and the stellar clips work pretty well (after being adjusted a little to hold the rounds better). I paid $337 for mine. Buy it, you'll like it!

mille806 likes this.
    HE thinks, therefore I am! <><

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    What is the big deal about ordering a gun? You know what it is, its new anyway.

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 04DarkShadowGT View Post
    What is the big deal about ordering a gun? You know what it is, its new anyway.
    If possible, it's always nice to get a feel for a firearm before you order it. With a revolver like the 405, there are some new things about it, so it's hard to know if you will like it before you buy it. It would not have changed my mind because I was going to order a 405 anyway, but it would have been nice to handle it before ordering...

Member #
    Liked
    1247 times
    ... Yeah, but how many LGS's would have a 405, or any specialty type guns on hand to, uh, handle? I had to order my 905 9mm revolver because none were to found...

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    That's true Dog. I think that most of us figure that if it's similar in size to something we have handled or owned, then it will be an okay bet. For me, I used to own a Ruger SP101 in 9mm, so using the stellar clips was not a new thing to me. And as NT said, oftentimes a dealer will order the gun even if you don't buy it because he knows he can sell it or will then have one around -- at least my LGS goes anyway.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18483 times
    My favorite LGS / Pawn Shop dealer has the 405 revolver (blued) for $369.00.

If I end up with one, I'll opt for the matte stainless.

In Memory of Erv Bobo, Supporting Moderator

(Lance0812)
    September 23, 2014

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    My favorite LGS / Pawn Shop dealer has the 405 revolver (blued) for $369.00.

If I end up with one, I'll opt for the matte stainless.
    That's a little high MPG -- I picked up my 405B for $337. I would think that you should be able to get a 405SS for that kind of money...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5283 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverFan View Post
    That's a little high MPG -- I picked up my 405B for $337. I would think that you should be able to get a 405SS for that kind of money...
    $30-$35 more for stainless steel is about right.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
    "I do not believe in using women in combat, because females are too fierce." - Margaret Mead
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Sand Lake Texas 2014
    Milford Hills Wisconsin 2014

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18483 times
    Why are stellar clips necessary for this particular revolver?

And...what are stellar clips used for?

(I know, I know, I'm showing my ignorance...
    ...but that's why I hang out here on TaurusArmed.net with the big boys, so I can learn something new every day!)

In Memory of Erv Bobo, Supporting Moderator

(Lance0812)
    September 23, 2014

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links