Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    216 times
    I had a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special , I bought it used off a Local gun classified site. It came with a box of 50 Winchester 240gr. rounds. I was excited to take it to the range and cycle some rounds through , so I finally went down to the range a few days later , and I shot the first round of 5 , Everything was good, So I loaded up 5 more and pull the trigger (double action only) , And the cylinder froze and would not cycle, that got me a little worried , So I gave it a minute and tried again , pull the trigger and fired a round , went to fire the next round and the cylinder froze again , wouldn't cycle the revolving chamber around to fire off the next round. It just might be me but when your anticipating firing off a .44 special round from a snub nose revolver , It can be extremely frustrating and little bit scary when the revolver " jams up". Regardless to say , I contacted the person I bought it off of and he said that he would buy it back off me.
    So IMHO I would say hold off for the Taurus , I would hate to see someone else have the same thing happen to them.

Member #
    Liked
    1209 times
    Thats the wonderful thing about Charter, BEST customer service, bar none....MKS rocks....

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I have the 405 now. I love the gun. quite a bit of kick though. it was supposed to have the ribber grips, but came with the smaller grips. not happy about that. will call them and get them to fix that.

steve

Member #
    Liked
    1209 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stolivar View Post
    I have the 405 now. I love the gun. quite a bit of kick though. it was supposed to have the ribber grips, but came with the smaller grips. not happy about that. will call them and get them to fix that.

steve
    Well hopefully I'll pick up my Charter 40 S&W tomorrow.... I'd say it will be snappy to say the least at 22 oz...

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I called taurus to try to get them to give me the right grips that they show in the catalog and their website. no go... They want me to pay for them... What.

steve

Member #
    Liked
    1209 times
    Pics. of my Charter Pitbull posted in "Other Guns"

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    I am not a Charter-basher. I think a person ought to purchase the firearm based on what he/she knows. I don't know a thing about a Charter, because I don't own one. The reason that I don't is that I am of the understanding that it has to be returned to the factory for reassembly if it's ever taken apart. I am sure there are plenty of smiths and Charter owners that can dispute that. Please let me know if I am wrong.

The thing I like about the Taurus is that it comes apart and goes back together just like a Smith. I like to be able to take my stuff apart and perform what cleaning and maintenance is necessary all on my own.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverFan View Post
    Well, I have a problem. I have a Taurus 405 on order, but I have now heard that Charter is finally shipping their CARR-based Pit Bull .40. I have always had a soft spot for Charter firearms, regardless of what some people say. The problem is, I can only purchase one revolver at the present time! AND, the Charter is now on the market, but the 405 is still not available yet. I don't want to make an impulse move, but I like both of them! What should I do?
    I'd try and find out from Taurus about the timeline on the 405 being shipped. Then, if time permits, go ahead and get the CA, and later when available, get the 405. This way, you've got one at home, and one for the vehicle.
    Taurus PT 917 SS w/finger grip
    Rossi 38 special snub nose blue
    S&W 38 special snub nose nickel plated/pearl grips
    Left handed people are the only ones in their right mind

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    the 405 is already out. I own one. bought it last week.

steve

Member #
    Liked
    1209 times
    Ruger ..Dan Wesson both copied the Charter design.. solid frame..the solid frame is stronger for there weight...Rugers and Dan Wessons are the strongest DA revolvers...the Charters are smaller and lighter but for there weight they are strong.....I've never had a reason to take one apart....any repairs I've needed on one of my Charters ..I simply sent them in for repair ...free of charge ..useally I have them back in 3 weeks...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links