Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: .327 Mag

Member #
    Liked
    5079 times

Re: .327 Mag

The .327 I have is an Ultr-lite model and nowhere near 23.2 ounces. Take about 5-6 ounces off the measurement or 23 and your in the ballpark for my guns weight.

Member #
    Liked
    82 times

Quote Originally Posted by Qwiks draw
    The .327 I have is an Ultr-lite model and nowhere near 23.2 ounces. Take about 5-6 ounces off the measurement or 23 and your in the ballpark for my guns weight.
    You must have the 731 then? I think their website shows the ultralite weighing 17 ounces but I don't see a weight listed for the all titanium version.

23.2 ounces is the weight I found for the M327.
    Freedom is not free

Member #
    Liked
    98 times

I shoot my own reloads, 110gr and chrono at 1,325fps. ME is a nominal 450 and brass is readily available from Freedom Arms. I bought 500.

I'm a definite fan of this little 6 shot revolver. My reloads are right at the bottom end of .357 data, and it's more powerful than the 38 special or the 9mm.
    My money is that the fan club will continue to grow with this revolver, a single action revolver and a carbine all in this caliber, not to mention it will shoot .32, .32 Long, .32 H&R Magnum and .327 Magnum. Pretty versatile little revolver.

zfk55
    Latigo

An'' ole' Brer' Rabbit...... he set in de bushes..... he watch an' he wait... lay low an' he don' say nuffin'.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Just never seem to know where things are going these days. I was to Cabela's a couple days ago and they had a .327 Magnum snub in what appears to be stainless steel. What was striking about this gun is the wooden grips, with a nice checkering design and the Taurus logo at the top of the wood. The grips felt great ! I want them for my M731 , but found the same thing the OP did when going to the Taurus site - no listing for the gun, or the grips. All other .327 snubs I have seen from Taurus have rubber grips, so I am wondering if the ones on this gun are a Cabela's exclusive ? They had a small frame .38 Spl. with these grips on as well. I am temped to go buy the gun to get the grips, and re-sell the gun with the standard rubber grips on it.

Not sure the weight of the .327mag, but my M731 (.32 H&Rmag) is 13oz in total titanium. The M731 in alloy frame and stainless barrel/cylinder had a listed weight of 17oz when they were on the site.

Not sure what is going on, but I'm hoping to get those grips at some point.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

M327 Discontinued

Taurus and Charter Arms have discontinued their .327 Federal models. The Charter arms marketing director call me to say that the .327 Federal is too hot for revolvers, and they discontinued the Patriot. He said he expected other manufacturers would also be discontinuing their .327 Federal revolvers. I wish Federal had specified the cartridge at around 35 k psi rather than 45k.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by airspires View Post
    Taurus and Charter Arms have discontinued their .327 Federal models. The Charter arms marketing director call me to say that the .327 Federal is too hot for revolvers, and they discontinued the Patriot. He said he expected other manufacturers would also be discontinuing their .327 Federal revolvers. I wish Federal had specified the cartridge at around 35 k psi rather than 45k.
    Say it isn't so!

Member #
    Liked
    1671 times
    I have fired the American Eagle 100 gr. JSP and the AE 85 gr. JSP. There is a marked difference in felt recoil. I have to think it is attributable to more than the 15 grain difference in bullet weight. I shot out several boxes of the 100 gr. just to get the cases to hand load. I cast a beautiful 115 gr. gas checked bullet for the 327. I'll load down and find a new accuracy load and go on loving my 327.

Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    I dont think the 327 Magnum is quit the hit they thought it was gonna be.

Member #
    Liked
    1671 times
    I emailed Charter Arms after I read this thread this morning. CA has stopped production of 327 chambered revolvers.

Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by airspires View Post
    No, it isn't quite so, at least not as stated. This is my answer from another forum to a similar post.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope. Not true at all. I just got off the line with (not customer service) the armourer's techs with both companies and was told that for Taurus, the demand was so dismal that the decision to cut production was made by the sales CEO. Absolutely NOT a pressure to revolver concern.

Charter arms techs told me the decision was made after enough customers complained about the recoil of the Patriot. The .327 simply was too powerful for the lightweight Charter Arms revolver as currently made.

Neither had any concerns whatsoever about the .327 pressures as related to the revolvers.

Latigo

I have a number of them of them. The Taurus and a SP-101. I like both versions.

Last edited by zfk55; 06-24-2011 at 03:29 PM.
    Latigo

An'' ole' Brer' Rabbit...... he set in de bushes..... he watch an' he wait... lay low an' he don' say nuffin'.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links