Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times

Taurus Tracker 627-- Factory Grips....do you like them

They feel like bicycle tires with a soft tread! Anyone have suggestions for replacements?
    Saw this on another thread in here....
    I kinda felt the same way also.. but i like the way they feel

This is pretty interesting.....

Went to the gun store today and was going to buy some grips...
    Learned something.....
    Taurus and Houge got together to make those factory grips...LOL..those are Houge grips

The guys in there both have Taurus snubs in 45 with the same grips..they also have some others that they shoot without them..they were saying,they wish Houge would put the factory ones on the market..guess they really do absorb alot of recoil..

They want them on there other guns but can't..these grips are only put on Taurus Handguns..
    These guys told me they have been doing alot of shooting and at end of the day there hands did not hurt as much.

We pulled off the factory grip and put on the one i was going to buy...guess all Houge grips come with a adapter to make them fit on other guns..the one for the Taurus Tracker was missing in the package, gun store guy though someone had maybe stole it..
    Then he remembered that the grip was designed for that gun... the piece was missing because for this gun you don't need it...LOL

The factory grips that are on those guns feel way better...the other grips are hard as a rock compared to the factory ones..
    I do like the feel of a molded grip to my hand, but after a comparison,I like the factory grips better
    Guess if you are going to do alot of shooting with mags,i think the hard grips would hurt after awile...Dunno

What do you guys think..

The guys in there are very nice and are very happy about Taurus guns..do you guys think they were telling me the truth...

Do all New Taurus handguns have those grips now( i know that when i felt the difference between factory and not, that i am going to keep them on there)
    Has anyone else heard this and felt this way and changed grips yet

I await your replies GURUs
    Taurus Tracker 627 .357 4" and now a Smith mod 36 .38
    and lots of Guitars

Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.

Praise God with trumpets and all kinds of harps. Praise him with tambourines and dancing, with stringed instruments and woodwinds.
    Praise God with cymbals, with clashing cymbals.
    Let every living creature praise the LORD. Shout praises to the LORD!

Devin

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Taurus 627 Tracker .357-- Factory Grips

I don't know if Houge makes them, but I like the ribber grips, I've had pistols in the past I've put Houge on, got a S&W 637-2 now with them. I would never change my Taurus grips though, only one would be the Mill pro if they made ribber grips for it I would add them to it.
    24/7 Pro SS .40 , S&W637-2 lite.38
    Mill PT140 SS .40, Taurus M605 SS 2" 357 mag.
    Tracker .44mag 4" Blue
    Taurus Revolver 817SSUL .38 Ms. CCW
    Mossberg 12g 835 cammo Quiet carry/Fbr-Op-Sts
    Hert. Arms .22 lr/mag 6 1/2 B. Adj. sites
    '64 model 70 Win. .264 mag Cobra .38 derr.
    1895 Rem. rolling block .32-20

Member #
    Liked
    112 times

Re: Taurus 627 Tracker .357-- Factory Grips

I guess these guys checked into this,the owner tried to get them for the store..
    Funny...that these grips did not come with a adapter...think all the other ones had adapters..
    I am pretty sure they are telling the truth, and they sure wanted the factory grips for there other guns
    and lots of Guitars

Praise God with trumpets and all kinds of harps. Praise him with tambourines and dancing, with stringed instruments and woodwinds.

Devin

Member #
    Liked
    31 times

Re: Taurus Tracker 627-- Factory Grips....do you like them

I put Ribber Grips on my 617 cary gun. They were a little to fat for my bent Index finger. They also showed ware from cary. I put the Houge Grips on and they fit better. If I do a lot of shooting the Houges are not as soft as the Ribber grips were. I all so put the Houges on my 357 Tracker. With the 4" barrel and ports they are better on this gun.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

No, I don't like the ribber grips. They are too short for me and kinda leave my pinky with just a enough to try to hang on to to make it annoy me. They also are too squishy. Even with a death grip on the grip, it still feels like the gun is floating in my hand.

I replaced mine with the Houge round butt mono grip. Now that is a comfy grip.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    636 times

I initially didn't like the ribber grips on my Tracker .357 but after holding the revolver often and becoming familiarized with the texture and way the grips felt in my hand they grew on me. After so long I became 100% completely accustomed to them and now won't swap them out for a more conventional set.
    "You gotta be one of the good guys, son, 'cause there's way too many of the bad." - John Custer to his son Jesse.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I still like them, wish the Ms., oops gotta keep PG13
    24/7 Pro SS .40 , S&W637-2 lite.38
    Mill PT140 SS .40, Taurus M605 SS 2" 357 mag.
    Tracker .44mag 4" Blue
    Taurus Revolver 817SSUL .38 Ms. CCW
    Mossberg 12g 835 cammo Quiet carry/Fbr-Op-Sts
    Hert. Arms .22 lr/mag 6 1/2 B. Adj. sites
    '64 model 70 Win. .264 mag Cobra .38 derr.
    1895 Rem. rolling block .32-20

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

With me, how I like the stock grips depend on what I'm doing. For the field or range, the stock rubber grips on both my .357 & .22 Tracker would be hard to beat, IMO. On the Mag, the combination of the rubber grips and porting, I get better groups than I have gotten with any other .357 (Ruger GP100; Old Rossi; both 4"barrels, S&W Mod 60 3"). CCW would be another matter. In an IWB back holster, the .357 tends to drag on my shirt or jacket. Same with inside coat/vest type holster. Works ok in shoulder rig, but I don't carry it much other than field due to the sz & wt. I'm 5'5" and about 160 lbs.
    If our lawmakers have our best interest in mind, why do they keep trying to take away our personal protection? Pappy used to say "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
    A pair of NAA .22mag minis, Charter Arms .357 Bulldog Pug, Kel-Tec P3AT & PF9, Mossberg 500 12ga.

Member #
    Liked
    112 times

Thanks ..Fun shooter... .....
    i have decided to get a pair of Houghs also...put a set on my wifes S/W 65..felt better than the pachmyers, plus gave me more fit in my hand...be curious to see and feel the difference on my Tracker
    and lots of Guitars

Devin

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    636 times

The Hogues are nice too Devin, you really can't go wrong with a set.
    "You gotta be one of the good guys, son, 'cause there's way too many of the bad." - John Custer to his son Jesse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links