Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Member #
    Liked
    2616 times

Re: Taurus Model 617

Quote Originally Posted by straight shooter
    Another point of concern I have is,......I've heard Taurus snub nose revolvers are very prone to cylinder lock-up. Has anyone experienced this problem?
    I did have some trouble with cylinder binding, so I sent it back to Taurus for a five week vacation in sunny and cool Florida. I had checked the Head space and B/C gap and found both were tight. The factory letter that came back with it said that they adjusted the cylinder, the Hand, and Crane Yoke Ass'y. I have not had the opportunity to get it out to check it out at the range since it came home yet, but if I have to I will try it out killing some of the snowbanks I have pushed up around the yard.

I am hoping it is fixed, as I realy like carrying and shooting it and the 7 rd cylinder is a plus over the 5 rd cylinders on many 357 snubbies!
    The Government is not the cure, it is the disease!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Taurus Model 617

Update on 617Ti lazer. The Crimson trace grip lazer for the Judge does indeed fit my 617Ti like a glove and works great. This being the case, all you 617/817 owners who want to lazer up should be able to use this grip. This grip should fit all 'compact' frames.. hate to ever use the word 'all'. I feel much better with the lazer. Contrary to the ...draw, sight and shoot... post, the lazer dot is much easier/quicker to pick up than the sights on a 2 inch barrel. In my practice so far it is now 'easy' to land that first shot, single or double action inside 3 seconds from all combat distances. The lazer also allows you to shoot accurately from awkard postitions, postitions you may very well find yourself in when someone is shooting at you. Hard to see the downside of a lazer on your gun as long as you still know how to draw, sight and shoot in case of falure. Thanks for the help on the grip.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Links