Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

.32 H&R Magnum Revolver

Does Taurus make a .32 magnum "snubby" revolver in regular stainless? The only one I can find is the Ultra-Light.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: .32 H&R Magnum Revolver

YES! It is the .327 Federal Magnum it will shoot S&W Long and the H&R Mags as well

It is not on their website but can be found other places

http://www.wholesalehunter.com/produ...roductid=54669

I have one and shooting the H&R mags in it is like shooting a bb gun Nice and smooth!
    ~SPLAT~
    ___
    Taurus PT 111 PRO 9mm
    Taurus M327 2" Stainless .327 Federal Magnum (Wife's Carry Gun)
    Beretta 96 .40
    S & W 645 .45 (Prefered Carry Gun)

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by SPLAT
    YES! It is the .327 Federal Magnum it will shoot S&W Long and the H&R Mags as well

It is not on their website but can be found other places

http://www.wholesalehunter.com/produ...roductid=54669

I have one and shooting the H&R mags in it is like shooting a bb gun Nice and smooth!

Pretty easy to conceal?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

This is my Taurus .327 Federal Magnum... It is the size of a S&W J-frame 38 Spcl 5 shot... The grips are maybe a little smaller than what S&W uses.

Attached Images Attached Images     
    ~SPLAT~
    ___
    Taurus PT 111 PRO 9mm
    Beretta 96 .40

Member #
    Liked
    5251 times

I've got one in .327 Federal. What these guys have said is true.

6 shot J frame .32 caliber speedloaders from www.hksspeedloaders.com will fit the the Taurus.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

The 327 fed mag round is a little too much over the top for my wife to fire, it is loaded with the 32 H&R Magnum defense ammo by Federal...

I think they are easy to conceal and if you were to invest in a IWB like the Kholster http://kholster.com/ you could make the gun disappear completely and hardly feel it

I like the idea that when my wife is comfortable with the 32 H&R mag ammo I can pop in the 327 Fed Mag low recoil personal defense ammo and she is good to go.
    ~SPLAT~
    ___
    Taurus PT 111 PRO 9mm
    Beretta 96 .40

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by SPLAT
    The 327 fed mag round is a little too much over the top for my wife to fire, it is loaded with the 32 H&R Magnum defense ammo by Federal...

I think they are easy to conceal and if you were to invest in a IWB like the Kholster http://kholster.com/ you could make the gun disappear completely and hardly feel it

How would it work as a pocket carry (maybe in cargo pants or shorts), with a "pocket holster"? Would the cylinder make it too thick?

I like the idea that when my wife is comfortable with the 32 H&R mag ammo I can pop in the 327 Fed Mag low recoil personal defense ammo and she is good to go.

How would it work as a pocket carry (maybe in cargo pants or shorts), with a "pocket holster"? Would the cylinder make it too thick?

Member #
    Liked
    5251 times

It depends on if the 731 will fit the pocket or not. As you surmised the pockets have to be big enough to store the snub revolver. Many snub carrier use pocket carry over everything else.

.5.11 and other tactical clothing manufacturers make jeans,shorts, and cargo pants or shorts for women and men.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    6350 times

Only thing is weight, is the .327 available in an ultralite? I carry my 85SSUL all the time in a pocket, have it in my pocket right now, in fact. It's 17 ounces. I've found that I can carry a 24 ounce steel revolver (36 Smith and Rossi 88 in the past, no longer have either) in a front pocket, but boy, the little UL is a lot easier over a long day. You don't even think about it being there. Even lighter .38s are available. The new Ruger LCP is, but 13 ounces. I'm wondering about the new Taurus poly-revolver. It looks very light.

Anyway, just something to consider in a pocket revolver, weight. I really like to keep it under 20 ounces unloaded in my pocket. A 19 ounce 642 Smith is about my limit. This is experience speaking. BUT, that's must me. I have talked to guys that pocket a 27 ounce SP101 all day every day. Not me, though. YMMV
    Taurus Rossi
    M85UL M511 Sportsman
    M66 3" blue M68 3"
    M66 4" Nickel M92 Carbine in .357 Mag
    M605 Poly Protector
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" - G.B. Shaw

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    6350 times

BTW, I like about any carpenter's jeans and Wrangler Cargos have nice, large front pockets. They make 'em in camo now. Being a duck hunter, I'm camo chic.....
    Taurus Rossi
    M85UL M511 Sportsman
    M66 3" blue M68 3"
    M66 4" Nickel M92 Carbine in .357 Mag
    M605 Poly Protector
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" - G.B. Shaw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links