Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tracker 45acp

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Tracker 45acp

What happened to the Tracker .45 ACP? Why was it discontinued???? Was it a lemmon? Most reviews are from 2002-2004. Alot of praise early on then complaints about action issues. I bought one NIB yesterday. I called Taurus and was told "Lifetime Warranty" stands so I took the plunge.
    Tracker .45 acp
    Sig P220
    Sig 1911

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: Tracker 45acp

Great gun. Don't worry about it. I think Cooper has one and he might chime in. I have one unfired. Haven't got to it yet.
    Big Generator
    Taurus discontinued firearms.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I think part of the problem was the price Taurus wanted for the moon clips.
    I think ranch is making them now so maybe the price is better. www.ranchproducts.com.
    www.ezmoonclip.com has the plastic clips but they're $4 bucks apiece. About the same as Taurus.
    But I think it's a great gun I like my 44 enjoy your 45.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

i used the ezmoonclips for a 625 S&W i had a few years back they work great, is liketo find another 45acp revolver

Member #
    Liked
    83 times

Congrats on your rare NIB Taurus M455 Tracker revolver. My M455 .45 ACP Tracker has been a great gun! I've shot hundreds of rounds though it with zero problems. I've used Remington UMC 230 grain metal case and WWB 230 grain full metal jacket ammo. Both varieties of ammo have functioned flawlessly with the gun and with the moon clips. The gun should come with a pack of 5 Stellar full moon clips.

I have read the .45 Auto Rim fits in some M455's but not in others. I haven't tried it in my Tracker but if I ever come across it at the gun shop I probably will. I've just been using mine for plinking and it's been FUN to shoot, no complaints.

I've seen owners with 2, 4 and/or 6.5 inch versions on this forum. Just use the "Search" function to read more about the .45 ACP Tracker.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Freedom is not free

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    9891 times

Quote Originally Posted by Goad
    What happened to the Tracker .45 ACP? Why was it discontinued???? Was it a lemmon? Most reviews are from 2002-2004. Alot of praise early on then complaints about action issues. I bought one NIB yesterday. I called Taurus and was told "Lifetime Warranty" stands so I took the plunge.
    LEMON ?!? I'm hurt. Really.

They're discontinued, but can be found. I bought mine used in a gun shop, only to run across another one in a pawn shop the next week. Go figure.

You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

These things are habit forming....it shoots great...I am grouping 4" at 20yds but I know it is capable of better...mine likes the Hornady 185gr JHP better than the 230 FMJ WWB.

Now the wife wants the two inch model but the one currently on Gunbroker seems to be priced alittle high starting at $575. What tha.....??? That is almost $200 more than what I paid.
    Tracker .45 acp
    Sig P220
    Sig 1911

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    9891 times

A word of warning about the 2 incher.....it has a mite kick.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    618 times

Those look to be ideal for some 'up close and personal' work.
    "You gotta be one of the good guys, son, 'cause there's way too many of the bad." - John Custer to his son Jesse.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Mine would work with some auto rim cartridges and not others. Headspace is at the minimum and AR brass standards were made with fairly wide tolerances due to war time issues.

I sorted thru the brass then did some rim thickness thinning on those that wouldn't work. Now they work like a charm.

Andre`

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links