Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BigSkiff

Thread: Hogue Grips For M44 .44 Mag

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hogue Grips For M44 .44 Mag

I have large hands and the Taurus m44 44ss8 grips are small. If I change to the Hogue grips will it increase the width for the grip. So you feel like you are holding on to a cannon not a toy!
    M44 .44 Mag - PT-145 - Ruger P89 9MM
    - Kel Tec P-3AT .380 - Kel Tec PF-9 9MM

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    24589 times

Re: Hogue Grips For M44 .44 Mag

Quote Originally Posted by WReevesooo
    I have large hands and the Taurus m44 44ss8 grips are small. If I change to the Hogue grips will it increase the width for the grip. So you feel like you are holding on to a cannon not a toy!
    Yup they will. I too, have very large hands. I first put on a Houge mono grip and that helped. Then I switched to a set of Rosewood Houge wood grips and that gives me a better grip than the rubber ones. I also have the wood Houge grips on my 608 which is the same gun only in .357.

S.B. likes this.
    ​Venimus, vidimus, nos explodit.

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    11144 times

I really dig those full sized Hogue grips.....but they only look good on big guns. They look GREAT on those two.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Member #
    Liked
    18 times

Nice grips and guns skiffer
    Ron Paul 2012

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Im thinking of getting a set of Hogue grips for a Taurus 44 44 Magnum I just bought yesterday.
    Its a used revolver 6 1/2 barrel Chrome. Im going to buy a Bandito shoulder rig for it too. I want to sort of match the color of the grips to go with the Holster and Belt.
    It is a beautiful weapon,I went to 15 gun shops in my area and was giving up hope of finding a Taurus 44 Magnum the last shop i stopped at was Johnsons Gun Depot. The shop was loaded with people looking at guns and buying guns. When i could get close to the case where the revolvers were i looked down and what first caught my eye was a S/W .500 in SS wow what a beautiful weapon,I may have to have one someday. Right beside it was the weapon i had been searching for not really i was really looking for a Taurus 444 Ultra Lite 4in barrel in blue but I guess it must be the gun to have right now because no one has any not even Taurus.
    The clerk pulled out this huge chrome revolver and when i picked it up i knew i had to have it.
    It fit my hand just right the cost was 499.99 it looks not to have not been fired very much the marks on the cylinder were very lite.

Can anyone tell me when this revolver came out ?
    Taurus 44 44 Magnum 6 1/2 barrel ,black rubber OEM grips, Chrome.
    It is so shinny it will probably blind me in bright sun light.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    24589 times

You should be able to call Taurus Customer Service and ask them. They should be able to tell you what year the gun was made.
    ​Venimus, vidimus, nos explodit.

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    Liked
    361 times

I run the monogrip on all my wheelguns. I am a fan of the ones they supplied with the M44, but the hogue grip just fits better.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I like the wood grips. I recently just purchased an M44. I like the stock grips but I have large hands as well and a meatier grip would be nice.
    NRA Member
    Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm
    Taurus M44 44mag
    Taurus 605 357mag

Sponsored Links