Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Taurus Tracker scope mount?

Looking around for one of the Taurus made scope mounts for the 6.5" tracker, i can't for the life of me find someone who has them in stock. I've checked Brownells,Midway, Cheaper then Dirt, Natchez, and a bunch of lesser known retailers. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might look?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Re: Taurus Tracker scope mount?

I'm doing the same thing with the same results. I called Taurus and was told that their stock would not arrive until after the first of the year.

I already have my red dot scope ordered, but it looks like it might be February before it's mounted.
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting in the cell next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

thanks for the tip. at least Taurus' response indicate the part is just not avaliable at the moment and hasn't been just dropped by the factory or something. i know there are some other mounts on the market, but i want one that doesn't require removal of the rear sight, and plus, for some reason i find the looks of the Taurus mount to be more aesthetically appealing when on the gun.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

The Taurus Tracker mount actually requires the removal of the rear sight. Part #10034.
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting in the cell next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

hmmm I've seen a few pics of it mounted that seem to show the rear sight still in place.

http://www.gunweek.com/2003/pix1010arc/1.jpg

unless the mount for the .17 and .357 models differ.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

i'm guessing it doesn't require the back screw to be used and would still probably be rock solid since it uses 3 anchor points up front. not sure what kind of flex might happen if you don't screw it in the back, but still mount the scope towards the rear.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10
    Looking around for one of the Taurus made scope mounts for the 6.5" tracker, i can't for the life of me find someone who has them in stock. I've checked Brownells,Midway, Cheaper then Dirt, Natchez, and a bunch of lesser known retailers. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might look?
    I finally found one at Opticplanet.com.
    BE-MT-TMTS-42301 B-square company Taurus Mount Tracker/Silhoutte $57.99.

I called them yesterday 12/22 and it will be delivered on 12/24. The price included shipping. I already have my Tasco silver Red Dot, so on Friday 12/26 I'll be at the range sighting it in.

They had one left. Give them a call.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Update. Don't buy this mount. Wait for the Taurus mount, even though you have to remove the rear sight. This B-Square is a piece of crap. If you want details PM me.

Links