Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Taurus 905 Review

Well, I bought myself a 905 revolver yesterday for a reward for voting. Took it to the range today, and shot off a couple boxes of 9mm.

The accuracy is pretty good for a gun of this size. It's the first revolver I've shot in a number of years. It handles well.

2 complaints, both involving the stellar clips. 1st, the rounds are loose in the clips. There's no way I could carry one in my pocket, or even a belt holder and expect the rounds to stay in the clip. 2nd, the gun would occasionally hang up, and I'd have to open the revolver, and close it again to make it shoot. With no ammo/clips installed, this doesn't happen.

It also doesn't like Wolf ammo. I assume the primers are a little hard for the gun, and the shells will not eject without a LOT of help!

It's too early to make a good judgement about this gun, but right now, it WON"T be something I'd bet my life on.

I know there are some other 905 owners here, as I"VE read some messages about the gun. It seems the clips are a source of problems. Anyone else care to comment on the 905?
    Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Re: Taurus 905 Review

Cant go wrong with WWWB or remington all i use hope it helps
    NRA Member -- USCCA Member -- www.floridaconcealedcarry.com

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How do they fit in the clips?

Quote Originally Posted by orlandodriver
    Cant go wrong with WWWB or remington all i use hope it helps
    Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

The clips can be adjusted. just put a small screw driver in the slot and slightly, and I mean slightly spread.

steve

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    945 times

Quote Originally Posted by stolivar
    The clips can be adjusted. just put a small screw driver in the slot and slightly, and I mean slightly spread.

steve
    +1 on that. I have been carrying a loaded clip in my pocket since last friday, from morning to nite, and only once in 6 days has a cartridge come out of the clip.
    ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I tweaked the stellar clips, and they hold the rounds correctly now. But I'm still having lock up issues. I bought 5 snap caps to dry fire the gun with, and the gun will occasionally lock up on me. It seems to happen only when firing DA. The trigger will start to move rearward, and the hammer starts back, then everything stops!. I can pull the trigger with all my might, and it doesn't budge. The hammer will not pull back at this time either. If I release pressure on the trigger, and pull it again, all works well. No particular pattern to the lock up. Anyone have any ideas?

Member #
    Liked
    347 times

Try doing a good cleaning and shoot some degreaser under the trigger up into the works. Sometimes the packing grease and leavings from the machining process will stay up in their, but once you get it worn in and clean that should go away.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Well, the 905 is headed home! I cleaned and lubed it. Then I found that it would lock up with nothing in the cylinder! It's not a stellar clip hanging the gun up. It will hang with bullets in the stellar clip, snap caps in the clip, snap clips in the cylinder with no clip, and when there is NOTHING in the cylinder! When it hangs, it's almost identical to using the key and locking the gun.

I'm lost, so I'm sending it to Taurus for repair!

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    945 times

Dragracer that is a bummer for sure. Mine continues to work excellently. No hangs, locks up almost as tight as my Rossi 461, 357.
    ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Wow, I didn't realize that any one made a revolver that shot 9mm. My first question was how could that work. This "stellar clips" are they a permanent thing that comes with the gun or are they throw away things that are shot after a few go rounds. I'll stick with my .38 special +p, but it would be nice to shot that cheaper ammo. I bought a hundered pack of both 38 special and 9mm from Walmart and they were $30 and $20 , respectively. That's huge difference for a blue collar guy like me.
    Right Meow?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links