PT111 millenium G2 shooting low, left

Name:  IMG_0408.JPG
Views: 2012
Size:  541.4 KBName:  IMG_0409.JPG
Views: 1104
Size:  591.0 KBName:  IMG_0410.JPG
Views: 759
Size:  690.3 KB

PT111 G2 is shooting low left. Here are some pics, is this barrel to slide alignment proper??

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Are you using the pad of your trigger finger when you pull the trigger? I found that when I am shooting mine it is easy to put too much finger through the trigger guard and because of the long trigger pull, I had a tendency to pull the shots low left.... pulled my finger back a little to just use the pad and suddenly my groups centered up nicely.

And yes, the barrel to slide alignment looks proper.
    xDarthWonkax likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    OK, thanks for your help.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Just got back from the range. The PT111 G2 shoots low left. I also shot my Rossi 357 which shot on target. I had my friend (who is a very good shot) shoot the PT111 and he shot low/left. If you look at the pics on the original post (blow it up) you will notice a large gap at the top between the barrel and the slide. It looks as if the barrel is pointing low/left. Maybe I am wrong but it sure looks that way to me. If I am wrong, please let me know. THANKS

Member #
    Liked
    1956 times
    There has to be a small gap over the top of the barrel or you could never get it out. It looks fine.

Ninety- nine percent of us shoot small guns low and left when we start out, (unless we shoot left-handed then it's low-right.) It takes more concentration, I guess, to pull the trigger straight back all the way. I fought it for months, even moved the sights, then gradually had to move them back to center as I got better. I can shoot center, now just have to hold a little high.

It's the best reason to practice perfect practice. And you get to have all the fun of shootin'.
    Ancient Airman, WWII, Korea
    PT-111 Mil PRO - Evita,
    24/7 PRO DS - Sweetie,
    24/7 PRO C DS - Maxine,
    S&W 60-4 - The Old Man
    PT 1911 - Gilda, the Golden Girl,
    NRA

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    - George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    1943 times
    Trigger, trigger, trigger. Its common for even experienced shooters to shoot low left with the 111.
    I am surprised that Taurus did not switch to another trigger on the G2.
    I have had the 111 Pro for nearly 5 years now. Low left was a serious problem for me. Time works it out- it limbers a bit and you get used to it.

Believe it or not- what is more than likely happening- if you are not accustomed to a long spongy trigger pull, you are probably pulling the gun off aim point by the time the trigger breaks. I have shot a lot of guns over the years- the 111 is the only gun I have ever had that I could not hit the target with out of the box. I can hit the target now- but good groups- no.

Member #
    Liked
    406 times
    Yes, I agree. It is a short barrel pistol with a long pull. However, the more I shoot the more I notice little quirks. I clean and lube my pistol after every range trip. I'm noticing something like a binding or grinding with the trigger at break point. It isn't smooth. It is like it's grinding against something or the firing pin spring is binding. The gun fires and I have no real issues but I just noticed it.

The grouping issue - I'm not sure what to expect at 21' with 115gr range loads. And, as advised by Wino, I'm shooting distances beyond 21'. I was way left..but I concentrated and came back to target. So, the PT111 is doing its job.
    What does "We the People" mean to you? Texas Friendly, Spoken Here too.
    When will it be for American Citizens to say - "Enough is Enough" and DO something about it?
    Near West Texas - Parker County, Texas
    PT111 Pro

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2517 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcsjc View Post
    Just got back from the range. The PT111 G2 shoots low left. I also shot my Rossi 357 which shot on target. I had my friend (who is a very good shot) shoot the PT111 and he shot low/left. If you look at the pics on the original post (blow it up) you will notice a large gap at the top between the barrel and the slide. It looks as if the barrel is pointing low/left. Maybe I am wrong but it sure looks that way to me. If I am wrong, please let me know. THANKS
    This was my experience today as well. I wasn't just left, I was way left. I was actually ready to get rid of my G2. Before I got to the end of my 1 allotted box of ammo, I stumbled across the correct grip and trigger finger placement and put 4 of 5 rounds through the center circle. My son even asked me what I fixed. I am not without hope for fixing this.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Just for kicks, take a look at this short video: You might find a bit of help here. Good luck!

Links