5 29.41%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hbob

Thread: Should I Buy a New Taurus Now

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Should I Buy a New Taurus Now

I own one Taurus .22lr revolver that I like a lot...no problems. I also own a S&W for CCCW. I am looking for a 4" .357 Revolver and really like the 327 Tracker or the 66.
    I imagine both are fine for the money. I like their feel and weight.

However, problems can occur with ANY brand and I am wondering if the issues with the very large recall (1 million firearms) and the legal fees will cause
    any issues in the future should I need a warranty repair. I read many many stories of very long lead times on repair.
    Is it pretty certain that Taurus will survive financially, and if so, what happens when they start fixing the 1 million guns? Wouldn't that jam up the
    works for all other warranty repairs?

I am looking for rational and knowledgeable discussion that will guide me....I have a little time as my LGS is backordered on the two guns I want and
    I need to hold one to make the final decision. So likely won't order online.

Thanks in advance.
    Cariwine likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15286 times
    The problems they've had are with the slide guns. Revolvers are fine and they have a lifetime warranty.
    This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business. -Me

Who needs the CIA when you have the KGB? - Donald Trump

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10775 times
    The revolvers are old established tech. I wouldn't have any problems with their purchase. Just inspect whatever you buy, before you take delivery. That's good advice for any firearm brand. As far as a recall goes, I'm sure that a special recall division would be set up that would be different from general warranty work. That only makes sense, especially when dealing with a large number of similar models.

Of course, I could be wrong.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    37834 times
    I would have no issues buying a new or used Taurus Model 66 if I was in the market.

Sorry I am not much help on the 327 Tracker.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    2078 times
    I bought a 617 last fall and have carried it a lot in the winter months. No issues. I also have a 608 that has had no issues. I did a lot of looking prior to both purchases and felt that Taurus offered a lot of bang for the buck. I wouldn't worry about purchasing a revolver.

Sponsored Links