Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Customer Service Help

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Troy 123 
#1 ·
I bought a brand new Taurus .17 revolver and upon shooting it was key holing at 17 yards so I sent it back to Taurus this was back in January.
I have called them many times and spoken to customer service.
I either get…
I will e-mail them and give you a call back.(3 times, with no call back)
I have no more info on this gun.(2 times)
We had a group of these go out with bad barrels, and we are waiting on a decision as to replace the barrel or the pistol.( once, I thought I was getting somewhere with this one but was asked to call back and got “we have no info on this gun”)

I even called the company operator asking to speak with someone regarding a complaint with service she sent me to … service. I called her back and asked her to connect me with someone other than service she told me “There is no other option for customers”

I have asked to speak with a customer service supervisor but “they are not available” is all I get.
This is nuts, no other option for the customer no e-mail address nothing.
All I know at this point 3 months later is that they do have the pistol.

Does anyone here have any other options for me to use?

Thanks
Brian

See less See more
#3 ·
call the operator and ask for axel. He has been the biggest help to me so far. I dont know his extension but he is very good at his job, and will help.

#5 ·
Fly down to Brazil and return the revolver to an Executive in the proper method, and no vasaline needed!

#7 ·
i called them and left a msg about a made up issue with my pt140 just to test the cs out and that was last weekend and i never got a call back, thats really a bad way to keep customers. when i but another gun its gonna be a smith & wesson or springfield from what i hear they give a shit about customers and any issues with their products are handled quickly. i havent had an issue with my gun but from all the horror stories and long wait times on repairs im not gonna spend more money with taurus.

#8 ·
Ever called a bank? Or a manufacturer of automobiles? How about a call to a major manufacturer of electronics, besides computers? They rarely call back, either.

S&W has been the recipient of multiple calls from me, for repairs on new guns, way too many for the money paid. Kimber is also listed as a terrible weapon by many on the 1911 Boards. Sig has recently gained a horde of bashers, as has Colt and Springfield Armory. It would appear as though there are ZERO "good companies" out there.

It's funny, but I believe that the original purpose of the Complaint Forums wasn't to join and have a zero post count, but be always posting in the Complaint forum. Then again, I don't travel to various forums to complain about my "problems", either.

#9 ·
So I see Taurus owners have the same attitude as the customer service crew.
I was posting for "help" not to complain as you see in my other post I said my other Taurus was great. And as for a bank.. I have options I can pull my money out...
Auto's If I buy a "bad" car i can take it back to the dealer and it will get fixed or replaced.

But look at it this way, what is it saying for a company that a guy with "a zero" post count has to go find a fourm to look for help?

As my grandpa always said think before you speak...
And yea great way to welcome and keep new members jr...

#10 ·
JR said:
Ever called a bank? Or a manufacturer of automobiles? How about a call to a major manufacturer of electronics, besides computers? They rarely call back, either.

S&W has been the recipient of multiple calls from me, for repairs on new guns, way too many for the money paid. Kimber is also listed as a terrible weapon by many on the 1911 Boards. Sig has recently gained a horde of bashers, as has Colt and Springfield Armory. It would appear as though there are ZERO "good companies" out there.

It's funny, but I believe that the original purpose of the Complaint Forums wasn't to join and have a zero post count, but be always posting in the Complaint forum. Then again, I don't travel to various forums to complain about my "problems", either.
Ruger always calls me back. Always being one time, because that was all that was necessary.

#11 ·
Sorry you did not get the magic answer if we had one we would tel you no one is trying to be mean or spiteful it's that we can't get a hold of anyone either other then what you got.

The reason your post count does not go up is because we don't count complaints to keep away the bashes or trolls nothing personal.

Now you could research your gun on the forum by using the search feature and trying to find if there are any complaints such as yours.

I call Taurus all the time for either my needs or to verify someone's complaints and get someone every time. I to am waiting on mag spacers that I ordered in Oct. So a lot of us share in your frustration.

I have not heard of anything like what you describe as has any one else so we are stumped to.

Just keep after them and keep asking for a supervisor. The gun you have is good gun. So I hope yours is fixed soon. It does sound like you part of a bigger issue that may take time to resolve. Good luck if you need any further help PM me personally.

By the way this is an independent forum and we are not associated with Taurus in any way.

#12 ·
No problem guys, and my goal again was not to bash Tarus I just wanted to know if someone had any "back door" options.
I did file a complaint with the BBB. And that seemed to get some attention. As they did post a reply.

Company's Response
Company's Initial Response - Posted 04/13/2009
Dear Mr. Hannah, we will be replacing your item. The Federal Express tracking number is ******** and should ship today or tomorrow. Thank you.
Initial Response Summary
Replacement being shipped.

So there you go....

#13 ·
Congrats you have done something we wish we could do maybe thats the way to get their attention. Hope you enjoy your new gun I hear they are awesome. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.