Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Pretty unsatisfied.

6K views 86 replies 21 participants last post by  texastaurusguy 
#1 ·
Hello all, many of you probably do not know me or know how i am in this forum entity. But i bought my taurus 605 about two weeks ago. I finally got a chance to take it to the range, shot some ninety rounds through it. During that ninety rounds the revovlers center pin got stuck quite often making it impossible to fire and lock into the frame. I thought it was a dirty gun, but no way i cleaned it, lubed it, etc. Still not working, it'll work then not work. Finally today, 11/13/08 i had to call Taurus, spoke with that gentleman. In the end, fedex is coming tomorrow 11/14 to pick it up and send it to Taurus and they said they will fix the problem. Also i told them i do not want to wait 4 weeks and hear "oh sir we tried looking for that problem, but nothing seems to be wrong." And, so i told them WILL YOU GUYS REALLY FIX THE PORBLEM? He said "yes sir we will,"so hopefully the issue gets solved. Most important, i will not buy a taurus gun ever, but i want this revolver to be fixed, and i'm having thoughts of not jumping on my first intention to buy a smith and wesson.

#4 ·
You don't seem to have much patience with a company that will repair the gun for you. Why don't you at least give them a chance to fix it before making blanket statements about "I'll never buy a Taurus again"......every gunmaker puts out a gun that doesn't work right immediately, not JUST Taurus. I hope you can be patient and open minded enough to give the gun a chance once you get it back.

#6 ·
I just dont get it i have 4 Taurus and not one has had a problem,I do understand that things happen every manufacturer has something that slips through but not all have a lifetime warranty on the gun.I see patience is not one of your virtues,I tend to get impatient at times and i realize you shelled money out but they will fix it for Free.

#7 ·
you know what guys, you all seem to be very positive informative people, even before when i was waiting during my ten day period you guys were very informative. So i will give taurus a chance, to let them fix it- Darius. (mplecha) keep me posted in your ordeal.

#8 ·
It seems from what has been going on that CS has been doing quicker responses. But there is no guarantee of a quick turn time.
I have three revolvers, 2 Tauri, 1 Rossi. I may have been lucky but so far (note to date) I have not had a problem. Different models, different dealers, different calibers. I would have thought one might have some slight problem, when I first came to this site and saw some people having problems. But with the volume sold, apparently the percentage is pretty low with problems, and they get fixed. Of course the description of the problem, so they know what to work on is important. Bad description, possible bad result.

#9 ·
well it was weird shipping my snub nose away,had it only for aobut 2 weeks. I had that mentality that a gun should and needs to be reliable on any occasion whenever and whereever it is thrown. So i was mad, that i spend a total of $390 then have it shipped away longer than my waiting period. Well all comes down being positive, and i'm going to let Taurus fix it, but i'm going to tell you this, once i get it back i'm shooting a hundred rounds throught it! I'll keep you guys all updated.

#12 ·
Come on Bubba, rub it in any harder. The thing was when i was looking for an revovler. They had the dam SP 101 used for $375 with holster and two speed loaders! Sadly, i heard they are not making the sp 101 anymore. In the end it does not matter, i'm counting on Taurus to stand up to their name. I will see.

#13 ·
Folks, I will not let this thread turn into a bashing thread ala THR/TFL. I should probably move it to the complaints board, but for now I will watch the conversation and let it run its course or until the bashing starts (or gets worse) at which time it will be locked. Take it to another board for brand bashing. You'll get plenty of conversation at THR, trust me. While I will discuss problems with your revolver, be it a Smith, Taurus, or Ruger, and I own all three brands plus Rossi, I will not tolerate a bashing thread here.

And, BTW, Ruger still offers the SP101, nice, well built, strong, but way too heavy for a pocket revolver. I sold my 2 25" SP101 and if I get another, it will be a 3 1/16" barrel version as the 3" tube shoots better and harder and is no hinderence to IWB carry. I bought my M85UL for its light weight and +P rating 12 years ago when I got my CHL. I have not been disappointed with it in many thousands of rounds.

One of your friendly moderators

#15 ·
Dariushom I don't know but you got to understand that all of us don't like it one bit when a gun we support and own a few of, that have worked great for in some cases 20 years. Hears about a new owner that has to go through this believe me one of my favorite guns is my S&W 686 4" this gun shoots amazing when it shoots I get light hits all the time. Do I blame S&W no I'm going to replace the spring set then go with a trigger job at my expense $125 bucks. So hang in there and I think you'll be happy in the long run. We all can imagine its tough but would like to see a happy customer. Like us :)

#17 ·
Now that is the fun way to take out your frustration's. No one NADA, likes to have to send a weapon in for repair. But I have read about S&W, Ruger (we all know what they had problems with on semi auto's), and other brands. I remain positive that your final outcome will provide you with a gun you like, and can use for many years.

Keep us informed sir.

#18 ·
Dariushom said:
NativeTexan, i will see how this ordeal goes. I just want my snub nose to be fixed and back in my hands. What do you guys think went wrong, with my center pin not locking into the frame? Weak spring? Defective spring?
Something simple like that, maybe a bent ejector, maybe slightly unscrewed, have to look at it. It's probably something I'd fix, maybe with a part order. LOL

#21 ·
I think some agencies in the Philippines use Taurus. Not to sure about military there.

#22 ·
There were a number of surplus Taurus .38s on the market a few years ago from the either the Singapore or Hong kong PDs, can't remember which or both.

#23 ·
intersting facts. Okay, i just called taurus the guy said that the gun arrived. Then i asked is their a number that i can check for the status of the repair. He said no, so should i just call? If so that is what i'm going to do, also i'm going to ask for some Taurus T shirt, and a hat to make me feel better.

#25 ·
I truly believe if Taurus of Miami and Brazil could communicate better that would go along way toward the buyers experience. It seems that they have a major breakdown in communication. I just wanted to order 2 mags for my 24/7 compact and they say they can't get the spacers yet. It is vary frustrating but we have to remember that we are dealing with Brazil not exactly a high tech above the bar kind of place.

It would do them wonders to put a warehouse in Miami and stock it and add a couple of gunsmiths that could handle the small stuff. I think it would help CS out a lot and help the company get over there negative reputation. IMO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.