Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Customer Service

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Weaponize 
#1 ·
Well I called customer service to check on some 24/7 C DS 45 magizines I ordered and was told they were on back order. I was originally told by Jessie on 10/14/08 in customer service that they do have them in stock and I would get them in 10-12 days. It has been 8 days but I noticed my credit card has not been billed yet so I called to check and Tom said they are on back order and Jessie should of told me that from the beginning. I asked when he expected them and he said he didn't know, "maybe a couple of weeks, maybe longer but don't worry as soon as we get them in we will bill you".
I have posted a few times about finding a place for these mags and I guess the only place you can get the 'compact' not the full size mags is Taurus themselves and they don't even have them and customer service gives me false info and has no idea of when they might get them but I sholdn't worry.
Sorry for the comments just dissapointed in there service. I loved my 24/7 9mm and I love my new 45 C DS but just upset with Taurus customer service. They really have no clue. Giving wrong info and not having an answer is just bad customer service. If you don't know get someone who does. :mad:
I will admit that every time I have called customer service in the past I always got an english speaking person who was nice on the phone. Which is great, just wish they knew what they were doing.

See less See more
#6 ·
I got ya. I just wasn't following earlier. I'll have to check my manual when I get home. I think I might try out the pt 145 mags. I know another member did and even though they were not a perfect match I believe he said they worked out ok.

I'm just bummed because their customer service let me down. I was really looking forward to getting my mags in the next couple of days. I am still very happy I purchased the gun though.

#7 ·
When I dealt with CS, over several phone conversations,
I was able to piece together enough info to realize that
they receive their parts via boat.
One shipment is received every quarter.
Based on that info, it is possible to wait up to six months
for a part to arrive.

You should probably consider that the election is near and
many folks are stocking up on magazines. I'd give Taurus
the benefit of the doubt in this situation.

Have you checked the auction sites?

#8 ·
Well it's been 2 weeks since my second phone call (refer to 1st post) and this time I spoke with Rob. He told me they get a shipment in from Brazil every week but there is no way of knowing what is coming from one week to the next. I asked to speak to a manager and he said there were none avaliable and that they wouldn't be able to help anyway because Brazil just sends different things at different times so they have no clue what there getting each week until the shipment arrives.
WOW :???: How can a company not keep track of parts being shipped?
I wanted to just cancel my order but there is no other place to get these mags so I'm stuck with them. I did order a PT145 mag that should be here the end of next week. I did not order from taurus so hopefully it will arrive when they say. If the PT145 mag does work well in my 24/7 C DS 45 than I will cancel my order with taurus and just order more of the PT145 mags.

#9 ·
Well I just got my Pt145 mag in and it fits great into my 24/7 C DS .45. It actually fits a little more flush than the 24/7 mags. Although they are not identical to the 24/7 compact mags they are very very close. I have a good feeling & hope this works. I'll let you know if it does and if so I'm going to cancel my order with Taurus and just bye some more Pt 145 mags since they are a lot easier to get. :)

#10 ·
It works! ;D
I tried out my new PT145 10round mag in my 24/7 C DS .45 and it worked great. No probs. I'm now going to cancel my order with taurus and find a site or gun show and buy PT 145 mags.
The funny thing is the 10round mag that came with it was giving me problems today. Every round fired fine but once the last round was gone it would not release. I had to push down the the breach of the gun on the mag while holding the mag release to get it out. Took apart the mag and nothing seemed wrong with it and it did fire every round. I even put it in the gun empty and the same thing. Any ideas?
At least I know it works so I can use it as my backup mag but would like to fix it if I can. Don't really want to send it back if I don't have to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.