Will The New Spectrum Cut Into Curve Market Share?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Will The New Spectrum Cut Into Curve Market Share?

Member #
    Liked
    239 times

Will The New Spectrum Cut Into Curve Market Share?

I haven't heard too much fanfare about the Curve and got to thinking about the new Spectrum cutting into the Curve market share. Are they that different as to where it doesn't matter?
    MilProGuy likes this.
    The Christian Faith: We are not called to solve the Mystery, but to enter into it.

Member #
    Liked
    2851 times
    Let's be honest here. Taurus does a crap job at promoting their firearms. This said & their recent slashing of their product lines, I would speculate that the curve will also be discontinued in the near future.

I hope Taurus stops the ship from sinking, but it doesn't look too good from where I'm sitting in my life boat.
    Rossi and somanyroads like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5307 times
    Don't think it will any more than the TCP did. I have a feeling the Curve won't be far behind in it's disappearance from the roster. I don't know how well it sold, but apparently good sales aren't enough to keep a firearm in the lineup based on history. I view Taurus as the Target of the firearm world, got to have something new, out with the old and in with the new, occasionally to the point of annoyance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    36804 times
    It is hard to say with Taurus. Seems like they had a hard time keeping the Curve in stock. No way of knowing if that was because of slow production or way over anticipated sales.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14845 times
    I buy guns by looks and how it feels in my hand. The Curve fails twice. Didn't like the way it shot either.
    MOONDAWG likes this.
    This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business. -Me

Who needs the CIA when you have the KGB? - Donald Trump

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Member #
    Liked
    5898 times
    As far as the Spectrum is concerned, I really don't want to buy a pistol that emphasizes my feminine side.............
    panfish likes this.
    I HAVE MEPHOBIA:
    It is the fear of becoming so awesome that the
    human race can't handle it and everyone dies.

Member #
    Liked
    19505 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacher39 View Post
    As far as the Spectrum is concerned, I really don't want to buy a pistol that emphasizes my feminine side.............
    It is available in a sexy all-over black - which just happens to be a standard offering!
    Name:  spectrum.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  176.1 KB

Just go to the web page and you can have fun playing with all sorts of color combinations!

I'll be going to the NRA Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA this weekend along with DH, fishinkeylargo, and some of the guys from our range crew and I plan to spend some time in the Taurus booth talking with the Taurus folks and the guys from Media Direct Marketing and you can bet that I'll be looking at and holding the Spectrum! I'll report back with my findings early next week! So far, I havent' been able to find any reviews on line by someone that has actually held the Spectrum!
    88keys, nevadabob, mawguy and 4 others like this.
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!

Maryland is for Crabs!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14845 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekol View Post
    It is available in a sexy all-over black - which just happens to be a standard offering!
    Name:  spectrum.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  176.1 KB

Just go to the web page and you can have fun playing with all sorts of color combinations!

I'll be going to the NRA Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA this weekend along with DH, fishinkeylargo, and some of the guys from our range crew and I plan to spend some time in the Taurus booth talking with the Taurus folks and the guys from Media Direct Marketing and you can bet that I'll be looking at and holding the Spectrum! I'll report back with my findings early next week! So far, I havent' been able to find any reviews on line by someone that has actually held the Spectrum!
    Yankee Marshal said it looked like a piece of junk but he's a snob when it comes to Taurus

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Sekol likes this.
    This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business. -Me

Who needs the CIA when you have the KGB? - Donald Trump

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5904 times
    A little speculation on the Curve-

Recall that a percentage of the patent rights are (or were) held by Mark Kresser. I do not pretend to know how those rights might effect the profitability of the Curve. I've always suspected that
    the only reason that the Curve survived Mark's departure is that the engineering and tooling were too far along to scrap. If those costs are at the break even point, Taurus Miami may be anxious
    to pull the plug. Having the Spectrum ready for roll-out might be the trigger point.

Just my uninformed, but imaginative, opinion...
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." - Alexis de Tocqueville
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Robert J. Hanlon

Nemo me impune lacessit
    ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    NRA Member
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    4730 times
    I won't touch a Spectrum until I see it working, and released without issues..................
    88keys, FreeInAZ and taurustoter like this.
    Know guns, know peace, know safety.
    No guns, no peace, no safety.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links