Will The New Spectrum Cut Into Curve Market Share? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Will The New Spectrum Cut Into Curve Market Share?

Member #
    Liked
    17630 times
    Quote Originally Posted by somanyroads View Post
    I have been trying to buy extra magazines for my Curve for over a year and they are not available anywhere. I have talked to Taurus about it and they have no idea when or if they will be available for sale. That is not a good sign!
    Not sure thats a bad sign, more like a normal sign for a good many of the semi auto Taurus weapons.
    FreeInAZ likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    1139 times
    No curve for me..I am left handed...I refuse to buy from any company that doesn't cater to
    us very very smart left handers.

I am kidding of course but Left handers are left out quite a bit.

Member #
    Liked
    28117 times
    I like the lines/looks and options of this new offering which will probably be my first new .380 in a while if all the hype about the new trigger holds true.

All the shops in my area keep saying don't expect to see them on the shelves until the end of March.
    Sekol, coopercdrkey and vegasgirl like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6715 times
    Moondawg! Good to see you! (We haven't had a "Harumph" in a long time...)
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." - Alexis de Tocqueville
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Robert J. Hanlon
    Nemo me impune lacessit
    ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    NRA Member
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    1139 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacher39 View Post
    As far as the Spectrum is concerned, I really don't want to buy a pistol that emphasizes my feminine side.............
    Now that is funny!
    Any color other than black,or brown should require you to turn in
    your man card.

Member #
    Liked
    17630 times
    Quote Originally Posted by panfish View Post
    Now that is funny!
    Any color other than black,or brown should require you to turn in
    your man card.

Really no need to turn in your man card now days!
    WE can take care of it right here from Man Cave Headquarters now!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    155 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MOONDAWG View Post
    I like the lines/looks and options of this new offering which will probably be my first new .380 in a while if all the hype about the new trigger holds true.

All the shops in my area keep saying don't expect to see them on the shelves until the end of March.
    Crossing my fingers to actually get my hands on one that soon. Plan to buy it as bday present to myself....if I like what I see and feel.
    loudviking likes this.
    ​~ Different from the OTHER girls!!!!

JET
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I guess any time another offering appears in any general category (i.e., .380 pocket pistols), it would "cut into" market share. But in my case it didn't.

The upgraded Viridian version of the Curve was evidently announced at Shot Show simultaneously with the Spectrum. (So I don't understand speculation that the Curve would be discontinued.) I had asked the guys at the local shooting range to let me know when the new version Curve became available. They called me on a Friday a couple of weeks ago, saying it was available for order. So that same day, I went into the local Academy Sports just to hold a Curve again before final decision, and was surprised to find that store already had the Viridian version on the shelf. I gave the gun range the go ahead to order me one and had it the following Wednesday.

Jury's still out on it. It's definitely finicky about ammunition, but seems to be getting better in that regard. As of yesterday, have shot about 400 rounds through it of various brands, but am still having a couple of failures to feed per box.

I hope it gets sorted out, because I really like the features even more than I thought I would (especially after reading so much online nay-saying). It's pretty much the "turn-key" solution I figured it would be in that I can easily become accustomed to carrying it in my jeans pocket just fine, and don't have to shop for holsters, etc.

But I still see the Curve as a very different gun, and I'm still just as interested in the Spectrum. I'm hoping that the availability of the updated Curve is a sign that the Spectrum will soon follow. Relatively new to firearms, I find it curious that there seems to be next to nothing online about the Curve Viridian yet, and no new info on the Spectrum. I guess it's just different in this industry from, say, new motorcycle releases. ;-)

JET
    Angler406 likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links