Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Taurus Factory Tour 2

54K views 81 replies 53 participants last post by  taurustoter 
#1 · (Edited)
TAURUS USA REVISITED!

COME WITH THE TA STAFF AND SEE WHAT'S CHANGED IN THE LAST YEAR AND A HALF!

In December of 2011 two members of our staff, Airwrench and myself, were invited to tour the Taurus plant in Miami, FL. We came home from that tour in complete awe of what we had seen and the total commitment of the then new CEO Mark Kresser and his staff. Airwrench and I put together a thread documenting our experience and posted it in the TaurusArmed News Section. A year and a half has passed since that tour and we were once again graciously invited back to Taurus to see how things have progressed and grown since our last visit. It was hard for me to imagine that a company like the one we saw in 2011 was going to be much different or show any significant improvement in just 18 months. I mean come on, it's hard to do that when you're already setting the standard for your industry. Much to my surprise and delight, I couldn't have been more wrong! Taurus USA has grown, expanded, improved, and gotten even better than it was before.

This time there were seven of us that attended; MissKitty, Czechbikr, Rodfair, Daytonaredeye, TexasDeputy, Airwrench and myself. We all took pictures, asked a lot of questions, and are going to do our best to both show and tell you what we saw, and more importantly try and convey the sense of commitment we all felt Taurus has to it's customers. I returned home even more impressed than I was the last time, and the rest of the staff had a similar reaction. If you haven't read the original Taurus Tour thread I would encourage you to read it before you read this one.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/taurus-armed-news/60557-taurus-international-mfg-inc-factory-tour.html

The main things that are different this time are the growth of Taurus and the addition of the new brands. Second, is the increase in manpower and machinery since the last time. Third, are the big changes in Customer Service; both those already made, and those about to be added. Fourth, is the story about the impact that the big buying surge has had on Taurus. And finally, we need to acknowledge the commitment Mark Kresser has made to his staff, his company, his customers, and the gun owners of America; all of which he views as one big family. We are included in that family and I hope all of you reading this will feel what we felt as guests of Mr. Kresser and Taurus USA!

Back Row above Left to Right: Airwrench, Rodfair, Mark Kresser, BigSkiff, Czechbikr, Daytonaredeye.
Front Row Left to Right: Misskitty, Texas Deputy

See less See more
#29 ·
Did y'all bring me back one of those "fully auto" Slims? :) J/k, I really think those are over reported if not down right illegitimate. Great write up and now I can (unfortunately) put faces to names. :D

Reactions: texastaurusguy
#30 ·
Did y'all bring me back one of those "fully auto" Slims? :) J/k, I really think those are over reported if not down right illegitimate. Great write up and now I can (unfortunately) put faces to names. :D

Ha! Yeah, we're not exactly "Hollywood Personified".

#31 ·
Great job on the write up BigSkiff! I would just like to say that I had the best time ever and I still can't stop thinking about it. They really made us feel like celebs. Mark is top notch and dedicated to the name and reputation of Taurus. The most down to earth guy you will ever meet. We all had a blast and will not soon forget.

#32 ·
Ditto the comments of my comrades! By the way Mark Kresser treated us you'd think I owned, like, 3 Taurus guns, or something. Oh, wait, I do.

And with the level of commitment to production and CS like we saw on display in Miami, I WILL OWN MORE!

We had a great time and again offer up my thanks to The Skiff for putting into words what we all thought and felt at being invited to tour the plant! And, did you see the contents of that range box? The one containing those gigantic pistolas in the foot locker? Now, THATS WHAT I CALL A RANGE BAG!!!

And my TCP has now replaced my other pocket pistol as my pocket SD carry when I go that route. The pistol will always be special as it has my initials laser etched into the side of the slide as well as our website's logo etched into the top of the slide as noted below:

Attachments

#34 ·
That is very cool! I don't own any safe queens but if I had on engraved like that it might just be one to take out on special occasions!

Reactions: daytonaredeye
#38 ·
Wow! How cool of Taurus to give you all the celebrity treatment and what a real tour-de-force (no pun intended) on the story-telling pictures and comments from the participants! Thanks so much for the "being there" descriptions and the insider info on the gear, etc.

#41 ·
The engraving of the Taurusarmed logo is cool.

Reactions: TexasAviator
#42 · (Edited)
Excellent thread on Taurus' continued approach to improve product quality and customer service!

While I understand the TA staff being invited to insure the most distribution of this info to forum members, I'd think in the future it would be a plus for this forum if one or more "common" forum members were extended the opportunity to visit the factory along with some TA staff. How these folk are chosen could be determined by the TA staff (raffle with $$$ going to a good firearm cause, most likes received in a given time, total random pick of active/senior members, who knows).

While I understand the moderators spend alot of their time on this forum and this trip is a reward for them, including a few non-staff members could be a perk that really stimulates these forums and also positively portrays Taurus Int'l as a manufacturer that strives to be more in (personal) touch with its core customers!

JMHO

#43 ·
Perhaps this is a can of worms in the making ,but would a trip to the Sao Paulo Taurus Forge SA facility be out of the question? I'd love to see those wily Brazilians making our 1911s and PT92's.

#45 ·
Understand that we paid our own way to Miami for the tour, and some admins could not make it due to the cost.

I would guess that the airfare to Brazil would be quite a bit higher, but if I was invited, I would go! (HINT to Mark K.) :D

I just checked, the airfare to SAO is 4 to 5 times what I paid to fly to FLL. :mad: (but I would still go if invited)

#44 ·
Thank you so much for this post! And thanks to all the wonderful people at Taurus for their dedication and innovation for us! (But could they please make a version of the Beretta 3032? Please?)

#49 ·
Great write-up, BigSkiff! Thanks for sharing your tour and giving us members a chance to see what goes on behind the scenes at Taurus. It speaks volumes of Taurus and Mark Kresser to take the time to show you all their facilities and not to mention the expense to do that for moderators of this fine forum. Mark and Taurus are in a class all by themselves!

#50 ·
Those pictures of the warehouse made me think wistfully about a contest a local store used to run when I was a kid. Some kid would win a 3 minute shopping spree... anything they could throw in a shopping cart and get to the exit was theirs.
But what's the big mystery about suit pudding with bits of fruit in it?

Reactions: btleslie
#53 ·
Big Skiff, very nice photo shoot. Its nice to see the Taurus plant and put a face to the names of some of the forum members.

Reactions: MilProGuy
#60 ·
I'll jump back in to say that you guys are looking better each time I visit this wonderful thread to enjoy once more the chronicling of the second TA.net visit to the Taurus facility in Florida.

Or...is MissKitty's graceful presence the factor that is making you guys look so good?

Reactions: rodfair
#54 ·
I must say that I'm even more proud to own my new 24/7 G2 Compact after seeing the US operations and the pride taken in building and repairing our guns! Thanks for documenting this - I certainly feel better knowing (and seeing) where my Taurus will go and how well it will be taken care in the hopefully unlikely event I ever need to send it back to Taurus for anything! Great photos, and great write-up! Makes me wanna buy one of the pink TCP738's for the wife!

#56 ·
Like, WOW!.thanks for the excellent post! wish we lived in Florida! I would love to be building or repairing Taurus firearms!...I would even come out of retirement to do that!!!.

#61 ·
Outstanding report, thanks for posting it!

It's good to see the faces behind the TA patriots that we talk too every day!

We are family! :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.