Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Taurus Holdings Names Anthony Acitelli As New President and CEO

48K views 99 replies 68 participants last post by  garyh 
#1 ·
Taurus Holdings, Inc. announces Anthony Acitelli as their new President and CEO. Taurus Holdings encompasses the Taurus®, Rossi®, Heritage and Diamondback Firearms[SUP]TM[/SUP] product lines.

Mr. Acitelli is a longstanding industry veteran and joins Taurus with over 20 years of experience in the firearms industry, spending the last year as Senior Vice President of Sales at Colt. He has a proven track record with manufacturers such as ATK where he progressed in the company to President of the Accessory Division. As part of Mr. Acitelli’s industry tenure, he served as VP of Sales for Tasco Worldwide and led the sales and marketing team at Federal Cartridge.

"Anthony will be a solid asset for Taurus with his ability to grow brands as well as his experience in leadership," states Andre Balbi, President and CEO of Forjas Taurus. “We look forward to seeing Anthony’s direction as we continue to develop closer relationships with our distributors, retailers and consumers alike.”

Mr. Acitelli’s education runs deep with an MBA from Thunderbird Global Schools of Management, a bachelor’s degree in Finance from the University of South Florida, a general management certificate from Harvard Business School and has had executive management training at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.

See less See more
#81 ·
I think Taurus is moving in the right direction. I think what Taurus needs is more deals with local police departments so the PD can carry and use Taurus Firearms. I think one of the reasons Glock become so popular so quick was because for a while a lot of police departments was issuing Glock pistols to it's officers. I think Taurus also needs to work with Hollywood so they can feature it's firearms in it's movies. Taurus makes nice revolvers, but to my knowledge I don't think I ever saw a Taurus revolver or semi-auto in any Hollywood film. It'll be cool to see a Taurus 65b4 with wood grips on the big screen:) I'm confident sales would go up if that were to happen. Look at what Dirty Harry did for the model 29.

#83 ·
I think Taurus is moving in the right direction. I think what Taurus needs is more deals with local police departments so the PD can carry and use Taurus Firearms. I think one of the reasons Glock become so popular so quick was because for a while a lot of police departments was issuing Glock pistols to it's officers. .
I am not a Glock guy and not fully aware of all the inner workings of the Glock business model.
But Glock got popular by first building a exceptionally reliable weapon, in addition in this part of the world Glock trains police armorers for free, if you are a civilian and own A Glock there are wandering bands of Glock armorers that look for you to replace any parts and fix any problems that you have with the product, or you can drop by the Glock factory and they will basically rebuild your Glock if it needs it for you while you wait.
Plus other than the 1911 I am pretty sure you can get Glock parts easier than anything and at about any place that resembles a gun smith or gun distributor.
They also offer Glock weapons to police officers at very reduced rates to encourage they by and use Glock as back up weapons and home defense weapons.
Now I can say that IF Taurus(or about any other gun company) did this then yes they would be more popular.
again I am not a Glock Guy but lets understand the comparison.

#82 ·
THis may not even be close to the same thing, but I'm gonna tell it anyways and see if it makes sense to any of you:

My son joined a Cub Scout pack when he was in 1st grade. We'd go to meetings and events and go camping.

Seems like every meeting was the exact same thing repeated from the week before. Same camp out every time.

Meals at camp outs were 250 lb hogs cooked aon a pig cooker, boiled potatoes, green beans and yeast rolls. Adults loved it. Leadership loved it. The scouts did not>

When camping out, the leaders had an itenerary they followed religiously. Drug kids from one event to another to another. Kids were borsed, figity, and every campout, less people attended.

As a parent, I was there with my son and I would help any way I could. I helped with kids who's parents did not show up.

So even though this pack had been around for at least 28 years and followed a proven methood.....I was asked to take over as the CubMaster.

So, being very new, I did the only ting I knew to do: I switched thins all up and moved them around.

Meals at camp outs were no longer adult feasts. hot dogs and chips for lunch, chicken nuggets and mac & cheese for supper.

Leader got to plane for 2 hours worth of time between breakfast and lunch. After lunch it was all fun and games, races, kickball, and just running around and doing whatever the kids wanted to do.

Night times became a time when the different groups put on skits, but so did the adults. I told stories, went on night hikes, dressed up into characters and spoke with the boys instead of at them.

Soon enough, we started having all kinds of people attend our camp outs. We went from one camp out a year to 3 camp outs a year. More and more leaders started coming up with great ideas.

So, after two years, I decided it was time to step down. My leaders weren't happy about that, but I explained my reasoning:

I might have come in thinking outside the box and changing things around. But after a while, the same thing that happened before might happen again: Running out of ideas. Things need to constantly be refreshed and stirred up.

One of the problems with our pack when I took over was that the old leadership just did stuff because that's just what they always did before. In other words..tradition for the sake of tradition.

I'm all for following a tradition if there was a reason for it, but doing something just for the sake of tradition and no other reason is just a good way to loose your target group.

I still get phone calls from the leaders every now and then asking for advice, or if I think a new idea might work or if I just want to go camping with them.

So, I feel like that's a good thing anywhere: Keep fresh, keep up with the times, get a different point of view so the thinking isn't limited tin one direction or alienates the core group.

#94 ·
I am Taurus revolver person, have had very good luck with their revolvers, bought my first one about 6 years ago, never owned one of their pistols. That being said, I also wish Mr. Anthony Acitelli good luck, you will need it. As a old coot and being around companies at the corpate lever for a long time, having a large worldwide company having three President's / CEO's in such a short time line speaks a lot more about the company then the ex President /CEO people. Take a look around big business, think of any large, profitable, growing company, that has had three President / CEO people in the last 5 or 6 years, I can't think of any myself. Most large worldwide companies CEO's are there for many years. Generally speaking, the interview search committee needs to be fired for doing such a poor job, the company needs to take a closer look at the expected results and the timeline, they probably are expecting too much turn around to soon or someone higher up is wanting things done their way and is tying the CEO's hands.

#95 ·
Most large international companies haven't been through a hostile take-over, though. Then, there's the usual misconception that Taurus USA is actually an independent company, instead of a BRANCH of a Brazilian concern.

The President/CEO of Taurus International was NEVER Acitelli, or his predecessors. Taurus USA is a branch of Taurus International. Calling someone who is in charge of a branch the president of a company is, at best, misleading. Taurus USA manufactured what, three firearms? Two have been discontinued, and the third, while promised, hasn't made an appearance. Instead, Taurus USA sells Brazilian made products, at this point exclusively. You see this sort of maneuvering in a lot of companies with foreign branches. As hard as it is for Americans to believe, Taurus USA isn't the parent company. Instead, they're the tail trying to wag the dog. With the usual results.

Taurus USA of 2017 reminds me a lot of S&W in the late 1970's. They had lost market share with the switch to semi-autos, and were introducing, and discontinuing, models on almost a weekly basis. QC was suffering because of this, as well.

Either Brazil will get a clue, and work with Taurus USA to regain market-share, or they'll wither on the vine here. With the interjection of CBC into the equation, you have yet another layer of bureaucracy to bring into the line-up.

#97 ·
I recently bought a Taurus mag for my PT 111 G2 that was made in the U.S.A. I suppose that's progress. Actually it looks better than the one supplied with the pistol in that it has no visible weld on the back side of it.

#96 ·
Until I read this article, I didn't know Taurus owned Diamondback. I saw a 9 mm in the store the other day and the clerk was putting it down badly. It's about the size of a .380 and I bet it really snaps! But if you wanted a little pocket cannon, wow!

#98 ·
The article was misleading Taurus never owned Diamondback, thy just had an agreement in place for Taurus to handle their marketing and distribution. However that quickly came to an end and no longer is in place.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.