Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: ???this ammo shoots better than that stuff???

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Question ???this ammo shoots better than that stuff???

i know that each gun like a certain brand better than another, but id like to find out [factory loads only]
    what is the brand and grain that you shoot in your pt1911 45acp
    that is the most accurate?
    in fmj...
    and hp...
    and which brand have you had the worst luck with?

Member #
    Liked
    337 times
    I haven't had worst luck with any ammo that I've run through my PT 1911, I mostly roll my own 225 gr lead FPRN from Magnus on top of 5 gr of bullseye powder about 16K rounds so far with out any barrel wear also about 1500 round of Winchester 230 gr white box with same results and for reliability on defensive type which is what I keep it loaded with 500 of 230 gr Double Tap bonded Gold Dot, my PT 1911 will even cycle empty brass (fingers crossed)
    Wise is a man that learns from his mistakes but wiser is a man that learns from others mistake [ Fotune Cookie ]

Member #
    Liked
    2038 times
    My PT1911 eats anything. Mostly homegrown 230 gr FMJ.
    Old age isn't for sissy's!!
    Don't give up the ship!! Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry!!
    Due to the rising cost of ammo. A warning shot will NOT be fired!!

Ohio CHL holder
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    1557 times
    Both my PT1911s eat anything I put through em. As far as accruacy, I'm shooting mostly quality reloads I get here locally. That said, the pistols are more accurate than the shooter with any ammo. The main difference I see is that some of the cheap ammo shoots really dirty, but if you clean regularly that's not a problem.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    My PT1911 absolutely HATES the Federal 230gr FMJ. Remington UMC, Winchester white box & even some old Blazer steelcase have all fed & ejected without any trouble though.

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    466 times
    my pt 1911 eats any ammo also, i know you wanted factory info,i'm not much help there as i only shoot reloads. i always break in a new gun with factory ammo to rule out ammo as a fault. the first 200 rds. i put WWB through it without any issue.

Member #
    Liked
    5712 times
    I've only got about 600 rounds through my PT1911 however I have to say that the Hertzer's Brass jacketed rounds seem to fire the most accurately. I've tried most of the low end ammo's, Rem UMC's, Winchester white box, Federals, Magtech, Independance, etc. I have a box of Tulammo but no range around here will let me use it. My PT will eat anything I feed it, no FTF, FTE's except for the first 5 or so rounds I chambered. That was due to manufacturers Chewing gum.. er I mean assembly oil.

Whenever I try a new type of ammo, I put 1 clip through it using a rest at 7 yards for a control. The rest of the box(es) are at various ranges from 7-25 yards and perform pretty similar. The independance seems to be dirtier than the rest.
    PCS01 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    20195 times
    This is the truth.

Asking this question will only get the answer to what is and is not the most accurate in "our" 1911's...Not yours.

Generally speaking, 230 grainer's are the most accurate in most 1911's.

As to which 1911 feeds which JHP's the best is an individual thing that can only be found out by trial and error in your 1911.

Don't trust your life and the live's of your family members on what shoots the best in our guns.
    TexasAviator and dogchild like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    ive been shoot aguila 230gr fmj and im kinda impressed! alittle dirty but not too bad...
    put 100 rounds thru her today, flawless! good grouping! every shot on the plate at 25yd!
    but then again, thats all ive tried in her. i will be reloading soon as i gather enough brass, as i have everything but components, and i also need to make a bench for my press...
    kinda figured all the info gathered here could help out those that wont be reloading in the near future and for breaking in there new babies...

Member #
    Liked
    1557 times
    One thing I've noticed is that I think my Chip McKormic Power Mags feed better than the factory mags. Not sure that has anything to do with your situation, just thought I'd throw it into the discussion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links