Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Honest 1911 answers wanted

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Honest 1911 answers wanted

Ok guys I plan on getting a 1911 with my tax money within the month. I have. Narrowed it down to 3 choices. The pt1911, the ruger 1911 and spring field has one in that range also. I don't know much about this one yet. I reall like the Taurus model, but I really like the fact that the ruger is 100% American made. The only one of these weapons I have held is the Taurus. I haven't shot any of them either. So from these choices what are the pros and cons? This will be my first 1911 so I want it to be a good experience. Thanks guys

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have shot 2 taurus 1911 in my life. The one i currently own had an issue when i first bought it, it was used but taurus replaced barrel for me and had it shipped back to me in 3 days. My buddy's 1911 was the most accurate handgun I have ever fired. Taurus guns perform well, and when there is an issue they fix it for you and ship it overnight at no charge to u other than finding a box to put it in when you send it to miami.
    Mountain Infantry

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I have had the Springfields, and a Taurus 1911 They are both good guns. The Springer is tops over Tauri just because Springfield has the BEST customer service in the industry. I really, really, REALLY want the Ruger SR1911! They are gorgeous looking. I have yet to see one in person though!

Member #
    Liked
    2886 times
    I've shot a Ruger and a Springfield, have not had the pleasure of shooting the Taurus though. They were smooth shooters and i enjoyed the fact that both had good sights on them. Personally, i bought a Rock Island 1911 for just over $400 brand new and absolutely love it. Changed out a few parts on it and it's getting a new set of sights installed to replace the tiny G.I. sights. There are plenty of good things that will be said about the Taurus 1911, but for me i simply wanted to stick within a lower budget for another .45 caliber handgun.

"I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Member #
    Liked
    1951 times
    My only 1911 is a Taurus. I liked it for the many features not found on others at that price. It loads, points and shoots very well for me. But I'm fairly new at handguns and defer to the elders.
    Ancient Airman, WWII, Korea
    PT-111 Mil PRO - Evita,
    24/7 PRO DS - Sweetie,
    24/7 PRO C DS - Maxine,
    S&W 60-4 - The Old Man
    PT 1911 - Gilda, the Golden Girl,
    NRA

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    - George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    2036 times
    I've got a PT 1911. It performs as well as any 1911 that I have seen. It's accurate, reliable, and has many features found only on 1911's costing twice as much. That said, I want a Ruger.
    Old age isn't for sissy's!!
    Don't give up the ship!! Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry!!
    Due to the rising cost of ammo. A warning shot will NOT be fired!!

Ohio CHL holder
    NRA Member

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16596 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bre346 View Post
    My only 1911 is a Taurus. I liked it for the many features not found on others at that price. It loads, points and shoots very well for me. But I'm fairly new at handguns and defer to the elders.
    I'll echo what Mr. Bob (bre346) had to say.

My first, and only, 1911 is my PT1911AL, which shoots a whole lot better than I do.

Ruger and Springfield both make excellent pistols, so I'd say you just about win any way you go.

Member #
    Liked
    184 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdbformula View Post
    I have. Narrowed it down to 3 choices. The pt1911, the ruger 1911 and spring field has one in that range also. I don't know much about this one yet. I reall like the Taurus model, but I really like the fact that the ruger is 100% American made. The only one of these weapons I have held is the Taurus. I haven't shot any of them either. So from these choices what are the pros and cons?
    THE FACTS
    • All 3 will run.
    • All 3 will be accurate.
    • All 3 companies stand behind their products.
    • None will be what I would call "economical", although less than some others.

You really just need to look them over, decide what you like, see what you can do for price on all 3 & decide which you are most comfortable with. I don't have a Springer or Ruger (yet); I do have a Taurus and multiple Kimbers. I'd buy another Taurus; another Kimber, a Springer or Ruger.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself. Thomas Paine

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdbformula View Post
    Ok guys I plan on getting a 1911 with my tax money within the month. I have. Narrowed it down to 3 choices. The pt1911, the ruger 1911 and spring field has one in that range also. I don't know much about this one yet. I reall like the Taurus model, but I really like the fact that the ruger is 100% American made. The only one of these weapons I have held is the Taurus. I haven't shot any of them either. So from these choices what are the pros and cons? This will be my first 1911 so I want it to be a good experience. Thanks guys
    The first thing you'll learn about The 1911's is that you don't buy 'either this one, or that one', you prioritize. After you get a few rounds out of whichever one you buy first, you'll start wanting another, maybe a Commander or Officer next.
    dogchild likes this.
    a.k.a. 2LOGICL. While I do not enjoy the misery of others, I do find comfort in it.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks guys keep the opinions comming

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links