Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PT 1911 sights

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

PT 1911 sights

When did Taurus switch from Heini Sights to the Novak sights? Just wondering, mine has the heini sights!

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    My 1911B with rail was made in 2010 and the 1911AL in 2011. Both have the Novak. That is a good question and I am will to bet someone here has the answer.

Member #
    Liked
    3959 times
    Sometime in late 2008 is when the switch began to Novak sights. Illuminated Night Sights are also available for them as well from Taurus.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    And the million dollar question...can those of us with Heines get Novak replacements from Taurus?

Member #
    Liked
    7250 times
    Quote Originally Posted by badger57 View Post
    When did Taurus switch from Heini Sights to the Novak sights? Just wondering, mine has the heini sights!
    you know that you can find the manufacture date of your particular weapon on the Taurus website by using the "Find My model" icon.
    just put in your weapons serial number.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    7250 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
    And the million dollar question...can those of us with Heines get Novak replacements from Taurus?
    Likely so, if you pay for them, having Heinie sights is not a needed repair.
    I would double check and make sure the slide cut is the same, but I think it is.
    If you consider that the PT1911 is a combat type pistol and that the Hienies are faster in target aqusition then in my mind you would be trading down with the Novaks, just my opinion.
    and yes i own 1911's with both straight eight and three dots sights, not saying my opinion is right only that it is made from an experienced point of view.
    NOTE: if you can't get thm from Taurus both Novak and Heinie offer their sights with the Taurus cut, you just have to special order them.
    Lets see now??? what guns can i buy with that million dollars????-LOL
    Last edited by olfarhors; 12-14-2011 at 03:27 PM.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    Likely so, if you pay for them, having Heinie sights is not a needed repair.
    I would double check and make sure the slide cut is the same, but I think it is.
    If you consider that the PT1911 is a combat type pistol and that the Hienies are faster in target aqusition then in my mind you would be trading down with the Novaks, just my opinion.
    and yes i own 1911's with both straight eight and three dots sights, not saying my opinion is right only that it is made from an experienced point of view.
    NOTE: if you can't get thm from Taurus both Novak and Heinie offer their sights with the Taurus cut, you just have to special order them.
    Lets see now??? what guns can i buy with that million dollars????-LOL
    Don't worry, a personal check from me is completely legit! I don't hate the heines, it was just so weird after getting used to my new M&P Compact to go back

Member #
    Liked
    7250 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
    Don't worry, a personal check from me is completely legit! I don't hate the heines, it was just so weird after getting used to my new M&P Compact to go back

MAN this is really going to be a Christmas to remember!
    can you imagine just how many Raven m-25's that i can get with that kind of money?
    yep the hienies are different, i took to them like a fish to water but a lot of people just never do and a lot don't like them, seems there is no midlde road, either you like em or you don't.

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    Mepro also has Taurus Novak-style 3 dot tritiums. Got a set from OpticsPlanet on mine. I agree with Olfarhors about target acquisition with the 8's, but I prefer to have everything the same.
    a.k.a. 2LOGICL. While I do not enjoy the misery of others, I do find comfort in it.

Member #
    Liked
    3293 times
    Hey those Heinies are getting hard to find, so you might......drum roll.......hold on to your Heine.
    4 Dead in Benghazi while Cowards watched. 4 Dead in Benghazi while the Media hid. 4 Dead Heroes who died for those who do not care. 4 Dead in Benghazi and who will pay. 4 Dead in Benghazi and Hilliary screams, "What does it matter?" while the cowards rule.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links