Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Keeping them both

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  dale5522 
#1 ·
Hi guys
This is my first post, I've been an permit holder for about five years
and own now 8 handguns. I've always wanted a 1911 and in October while brousing in a gun shop I found a used PT1911SS. The wife of 39 years [and herself a permit holder and owner of two handguns] says I'll get for Christmas for you. We promtly bought
it.
When I opened the package for Christmas and was thrilled. She also bought me a set of grips from Sid Ryan -Tupelo Ms. and a bodyguard holster DW Bullard -Tx. [both are excellent craftsmen.] I cant wait to get to the range and shoot it. I have been reading the Forum for three months and have learned a lot before even holding the pistol. I have sent some photo's for viewing.
I'll be keeping both for a long time [the wife and the gun]
best to everyone!!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Good looking gun, if the wife is as good looking, I'd keep both also.

Welcome to a great forum from the Prairie dog infested flatlands of Lubbock, TX

#4 ·
Welcome from Jacksonville, FL!

Check out the info in the New Member section and the Sticky's at the start of each forum. Lot's of good information in both!

Great looking rig. You're a very lucky guy to have a wife like yours!

#6 ·
Welcome from Illinois from another satisfied PT1911 SS owner. I hope you get to enjoy the company of both for another 39 years !

#8 ·
Top notch! The wife, the pistola, the holster, and Sid Ryan's grips. Yep, I think you should keep them all. :thumb: And welcome to TaurusArmed.Net! :wave:

#9 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys. I've learned so much from reading this forum. What a huge resource for taurus owners. Buy the way the wife has a PT25 [first gun] with her name in ivory grips from Sid Ryan, the pearl ones kept on cracking, 4 or 5 sets warranteed. But now no problems. Also she has a Charter Arms pink lady 38Spl. nice gun from our State of Ct.
My other guns are H & R 38 S & W about 1908 vintage nickel in box with cleaning brush, Rugers [3] convertable six SS 6", MK2 SS bull barrell, Mk2 blued tapered barrell. Smith and wesson 4516-2 SS
45 cal. Bursa Firestorm 380 dou-tone, Charter Arms bulldog pug
44spl SS. and a Henry Golden Boy lever 22. I traded of an American Derringer 32 mag aluminum [hurt my hand] and a S & W Sigma 9mm
[ shot good but I'm not a plastic kind of guy] I love reading about different opinions you guys have and saving me from some potential
pitfalls.
Best to all
Pawl

Attachments

#10 ·
Nice gun there Pawl and howdy form the hills of eastern KY .

I agree I wouldn't throw either of those back either .
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.