Taurus Firearm Forum banner

My new 650B2!!! my lil hand canon

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Laker 
#1 ·
:D Got this 650B2 saturday and just love it! came with 2 grips wood grips and rubber boot, 1 brandnew speedloader, orginal box case and all paper work for only 316 out the door! I love the wood grips on this 650! looks so like a s&w for half the price. Gun was sold to me new unfired, gave the gun a good cleaning and oiling and there were no gun powder residue so im guessing it is really unfired. Havent shot it yet but am very excited, dried firing it feels great, grisp trigger and timming was exelent! this is my bug, has a 50 110gr jhp rounds for it. since obama prices on guns went sky high here and any 357 is like 380 plus tax and stuff. so i feel like i got a great gun at a great price. Any input on this 650B2? any advice on shooting and self defense? any hints on snubbies would be greatly apperciated!! Thanks. Anh

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Best advice I can give is to substitute +P 38 special for .357 mag when shooting it.

#3 ·
Thanks Jake3501, ok what is the meaning of +p means? Im clueless when people talk about hot shots or somthing like that, like a +p is stronger and better velocity or better then the 357mag? Can anyone help me out with explaing me the different between 38 +p? Thanks

#4 ·
The + P is just a little hotter than a standard .38 Special, Maybe 925 fps instead of 800 fps. A .357 mag would be around 1300 fps, although not from a 2" snubby. The recoil from a .357 magnum round will not be pleasant in that light of a gun. Usually, a +P load will take you a 1/4 of the way closer to Magnum loading than a standard round. A magnum round would have a ++P++ designation if there were such a designation. There are some +P+ made for Law Enforcement, but I would use those only in a medium to large frame revolver with a 4 " barrel

#5 ·
Sounds like the best advice is for you is get some training. The NRA basic handgun course is a good place to start. More advanced training is almost unlimited. Good luck with your new firearm, it's a beauty.

#6 ·
Gratz on the snubbie purchase! A good load to start with is the 130gr .38spl target load, it's the load I started my wife on when she bought her snubbie. Hardly any recoil. Also start learning in single action mode to start (cock the hammer back) instead of double action. There is alot to learn in shooting a snubbie double action (that's just pulling the trigger without cocking the hammer) Start at 7 yards, or even closer, that way you will hit the target right off the bat and not get discouraged. And like Laker mentioned, get some training if you can. If not just remember the saftey rules and ask a lot of questions. We have no problem with answering them. And welcome to the forums.  :)

#7 ·
#10 ·
Lots of good advice so far. I forgot to mention, welcome to the forum. A lot of good people here with a lot of experience. Don't be afraid to ask questions. By the way, I'm one of the M605 people, it's my EDC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.