Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: M605 Forcing Cone Face Not Square

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    The chip is about 1/64" across. I believe the grinding on mine was done by the repair. The trigger was centered in trigger guard before I sent it in. Now the trigger is off center to the right side about 1/16".
    How prone all human institutions have been to decay; how subject the best-formed and most wisely organized governments have been to lose their check and totally dissolve; how difficult it has been for mankind, in all ages and countries, to preserve their dearest rights and best privileges, impelled as it were by an irresistible fate of despotism.
    James Monroe
    1788 speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention

A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves...

Member #
    Liked
    318 times
    Yeah they ground the hell out of the bottom of the hammer under the sear on my M327, where it seats into the trigger groove. The grinding offset the angle of the trigger mechanism causing the trigger spring assembly to raise up from the frame after about 15-20 trigger pulls and then eject the sear spring. It was a royal cluster F. Unless they replace the trigger assembly and possibly the hammer assembly on yours completely they will be better off just sending you a replacement. It could be that the frame pins were off on yours like mine and they tried a grind and file to get it to work. Doesn't seem to be much of a win win approach and kind of a shame since they went to the trouble of replacing the barrel. Probably explains why they replaced the hand. Maybe they thought the hand was off and when that didn't fix it they commenced to hack away at the trigger and hammer assemblies. Stopped at some point becuase they probably had a stack of other guns to fix and gave it a "this will do" without test firing it and then back to you.
    "Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun.
    Sammy "the Bull" Gravano

Freedom doesn't mean an absence of all restrictions. It means possessing unshakable conviction in the face of any obstacle.
    --- Daisaku Ikeda

"Gun control is for people who want to be controlled"
    ---AdesteAnimo

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4226 times
    Dang, righty. That sounds like your revolver needs to go back.

How is the trigger pull and function in this state of "repair"?

NRA Life Member - TSRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Oh well...third times the charm. Trigger pull is fine in 3 out of 5. The other 2 are tight and not smooth. By the time they finish, they will have replaced most of moving parts. At least when its done, ill be confident to carry as my only ccw.
    How prone all human institutions have been to decay; how subject the best-formed and most wisely organized governments have been to lose their check and totally dissolve; how difficult it has been for mankind, in all ages and countries, to preserve their dearest rights and best privileges, impelled as it were by an irresistible fate of despotism.
    James Monroe

Member #
    Liked
    318 times
    Hmmm if it is the internals (I am just guessing here) I would assume it would be consistent with all the trigger pulls, either all bad or all good. Sounds like something is dragging or binding with the cylinder. Did you check your new b/c clearances to make sure the cylinders not rubbing? Possibly the back strap. Maybe that's why they replaced the hand. Either way it's off center and I would send it back just for this reason.
    "Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun.
    Sammy "the Bull" Gravano

Freedom doesn't mean an absence of all restrictions. It means possessing unshakable conviction in the face of any obstacle.
    --- Daisaku Ikeda

---AdesteAnimo

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Shipped yesterday with letter to Kresser. Hoping they either replace all moving parts or replace it.
    Adeste the cylinder rotation is not smooth and also I believe its slightly out of round. Will update when I hear more.
    AdesteAnimo likes this.
    James Monroe

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Replacement should be on its way in the next day or so. Taurus customer service came through again. I will update once I get the new one.
    James Monroe

Member #
    Liked
    318 times
    Don't forget inspect prior to acceptance
    Sammy "the Bull" Gravano

--- Daisaku Ikeda

---AdesteAnimo

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Will do Adeste
    James Monroe

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Got my replacement 605ss2 today from the FLL. Did my inspection before accepting it. All is good and within tolerance. This gun is much tighter than my old one. Thank you Taurus! I believe this will be a good one. Tore it apart and cleaned it although it looked as if someone had already done that before sending it. Once I have time to take it to the range, I will let you know how it performs.
    James Monroe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links