Taurus Firearm Forum banner

80% Glock Frames

30K views 243 replies 37 participants last post by  GreenWolf70 
#1 ·
Anyone doing, or planning to do one of the Polymer80 80% Glock frames?

#95 ·
Question....I have a gen 2-17 is there a improved (thiner grip) frame replacement for it ? Ive looke almost everywhere and I only find gen3-4 frame replacements. I know Glock will change it to a gen 3 frame but that wont get me a thinner grip. I bought it new in 93 And I can live with it just thought a more slender grip would be nice.

#96 ·
The Glock Store says the 80% G43 frames will be available in March.

The Polymer80 PF940 V2 is a thinner frame for a G-17. It also changes the grip angle to give it a 1911 feel. It sits a little lower in the hand than the G-17 frame and the ergonomics are just overall so much better than the G-17. And they will build your frame with a registered serial number, if you so wish. All the parts on you G-17 will work in the V2 fullsize frame.

#98 ·
I don't think the Polymer80s will fit in any Glock holsters. I make my own holsters so it is not an issue with me. The trigger guard is where they do not fit, plus the Polymer80's are thinner than the Glock frames.

#101 · (Edited)

Here's mine now. I've got a LWD threaded barrel and compensator coming soon.
I have a bayonet on my carry gun as well, its just not in the trigger guard .
bet that is really painful to shoot!

Attachments

#103 ·
Same here, this is a new design by a new to the "80% Glocks" company, I think I will wait and see the kinks worked out. Also, it looks like some other companies are coming forward with new G43 type designs to compete.

ETS told me yesterday that their new 9 round G-43 magazine will take the new XGrip G-43 grip extension that slides over the magazine like on the Ruger SR compact.

#104 ·
For those of you looking for a G17 slide, Suarez just sent me an email on their melonited slide with RMR cutout for $300. But as I scrolled to the bottom of the email I saw a much better deal. The same slide but finished in Burnt Bronze with a matching custom trigger thrown in for the same $300.

https://suarezinternational.com/sua...3-g17-burnt-bronze-with-face-shooter-trigger/

Brownells is running ALL of their Polymer80 Glock frames on sale for $120, including their completed and serial numbered frame for the same price (requires a FFL transfer). There is also a coupon code "M7R" for $10 off and free shipping, or $110 delivered.

#105 ·
This is a great deal on AmeriGlo 3 Dot tritium night sights for $60.

Shopping

#113 ·
I will let you know up front, if you have had BRD, this is worse. I already have 3 built. Trying not to build any more.....but that G43 80% frame is very, very tempting.

#117 ·
well in MY case!
I am not allowed to have sharp pointed things like a Exacto knife, but I can have a Dremel IF its got a round tip on it.

#116 ·
Because it is plastic it is very easy, very quick, to work with any variety of tools.

#118 ·
Thought you would want to Barney Fife it and "nip" it in the bud.

#119 ·
I heard it wasn't a good idea to carry anything else in the same pocket as you gun or your ammo and My shirts typically only have 1 pocket.

#120 ·
Referring to using nippers, not the one bullet rule. Plus nippers don't have any sharp edges for you to get into trouble with.

Reactions: olfarhors
#122 ·
I have done 1911's and they are just a little past my abilities in a couple of areas. Makes me appreciate a real 1911 smith.

The modular Sigs should be very interesting, as once you have the fire control module, the registered piece, the rest of the gun is open any kind of customization. Just waiting for the market to cover more of the parts and prices to drop. Still trying to wrap my head around why the unit price of the M17 is about $205, yet we are seeing $600+ for the same civilian version. Around $400 I can understand, $600 plus not. Hopefully the aftermarket will cause that to go down.

The Glocks are so popular because there are so many LEO turn-ins on the market and so many aftermarket parts, and prices are dropping. Then there is the whole California crazy gun list where you can not buy a new G-43, but you can build one legally from an 80% frame. So the California gun shops are ordering complete G43s stripping them of parts and selling the parts kit plus an 80% frame. That is why you see Glock stripped frames on the market for $100 or less. The frames must still be treated as guns and are piling up in safes. Right now it is cheaper to buy a complete LEO turn-in Glock and put it on an 80% frame than to buy the parts and the frame. Now the good thing about 80% frames is that they fix most of the issues that people have with Glocks. I think I said this before, but if I were GLock, I would buy up Polymer80 and use their frame on the next generation Glocks, they are that good. The only issue after the frame that I have is the Glock barrel does not sufficiently support the case head, but almost any aftermarket barrel addresses that issue. Of my 80% Glocks only one has any Glock OEM parts on it, and that is only because I swapped a standard Glock mag release from my only LEO turn-in, a G23, for the extended one that came with my Shadow lower parts kit. On the 80% frames, they have scalloped out around the mag release so an extended one sticks out between my fingers, the standard height one is as high as the extended one on a stock Glock frame.

#124 ·
Looks like they are sold out of most everything associated with building one of those.

The good thing about the Sig module is once you have the module, you can build any of the variants off that one module, long slide, short slide, compact or full size frame, all use the same module.

#126 ·
Actually, this is where I expect the aftermarket to jump in and produce a vast array of different custom parts. You do not need Sig parts, you just need parts that mate up with the module.

#128 ·
Plus the hot gun for modding after the Glock, at the moment is the S&W Shield. Seems like the aftermarket guys work on parts for one gun and then move on to another. I expect we will see a rush of new G43 parts soon, and then they may move over to the modular Sig.

#129 ·
Looks like Brownells has all their Polymer80 frames on sale, along with their Victory line of barrels and their in house slides. It also looks like they have all the frame and slide completion kits in stock too, at the moment. There are a few codes floating around with $10 off on a $100 and free S&H, but I did not see them on their site. Try Tactical Toolbox for the codes, if you are interested. Good time to get into one of these.

#132 ·
One thing about these diseases, the more people you can get infected, the less weird it seems.

#133 ·
For those of you who doubt I am also infected, here are my Polymer80s.

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun barrel

#134 ·
This video just came out a few days ago, sure makes we want to give it a try.

#135 ·
I guess I am more ******* than that. I use the nippers and diagonal cutters for most of the work, clean up with files and a Dremel on the recoil spring channel.

At 3:40 he starts talking about the tools to use to speed up the build, i.e., the nippers.

I have built 2 of my 3 Polymer80 frames using the nippers and diagonal cutters and I can have the frame ready to install parts in just a few minutes. I spend most of my time seating the rear rails correctly (flush with the rear tab). Just remember the old modding rule, cut on the cheapest part first.

#136 ·
I guess I am more ******* than that. I use the nippers and diagonal cutters for most of the work, clean up with files and a Dremel on the recoil spring channel.

I don't know my old friend and cohort, I mean I think you may be to hard on your---oh wait a minute that's right you do live in Alabama!!]
NEVER MIND!!!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.