80% Glock Frames - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: 80% Glock Frames

Member #
    Liked
    6562 times
    SIL wants to build a comp gun and this is better for that. He will need to acquire a long slide and barrel for it.

I am waiting for the Polymer80 compact model to come out in something other than Black. I have a complete G23 Lone Wolf slide, with TruGlo TFO fiber/tritium sights and a 9mm conversion barrel for it, as well as a threaded barrel for it too. Slide is satin stainless. I am more interested in a carry piece than competition.

LOL, you will not see this piece with the lower parts completion kit priced this low for a long time. I jumped on their $175 LW slide with a free 9mm conversion barrel back before Christmas. I have shot it off my G23, but it is begging for its own frame. Almost pulled the trigger on the LW TimberWolf complete frame for $250, but by the time I added S&H along with the FFL transfer fee I was looking at $300, so I decided to wait for the Polymer80 Compact frame.
    4 Dead in Benghazi while Cowards watched Overhead. 4 Dead in Benghazi while the Media hid. 4 Dead Heroes who died for those who do not care. 4 Dead in Benghazi and who will pay. 4 Dead in Benghazi and Hilliary screams, "What does it matter?" while the cowards rule.

I went to see the Movie "13 Hours" and you should too. They died and Hilliary lied. No protests, no video, just an Al Qaida attack.

Member #
    Liked
    6562 times
    Nothing left but the Robin Egg Blue now, and it won't last long.
    4 Dead in Benghazi while Cowards watched Overhead. 4 Dead in Benghazi while the Media hid. 4 Dead Heroes who died for those who do not care. 4 Dead in Benghazi and who will pay. 4 Dead in Benghazi and Hilliary screams, "What does it matter?" while the cowards rule.

I went to see the Movie "13 Hours" and you should too. They died and Hilliary lied. No protests, no video, just an Al Qaida attack.

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1009 times
    what is the purpose or should I say gained with a 80% receiver whether it is a Glock, AR, or 1911 ? Not knocking it just trying to understand, I get it if you live in a state where you can't buy a 100% receiver of a certain type firearm but other than that I am just curious.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6562 times
    Try buying all the pieces for a Glock lower receiver for $120. The 80% piece means in general terms, you don't have to pay for a FFL transfer in return for a little work. Some people want something a little different and like the idea of making one, so get out of your box.

But it will not matter because they are down to REB color and they are almost gone too.

If you don't like the Glock design, I hear someone is working on an 80% Sig, don't know which model.
    Falstaff and RustyYoungMan like this.

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1009 times
    I have looked at 80% 1911 recievers but they are either same price or only at most $40 cheaper than 100% recievers and then add in the cost of additional jigs and tools to get to 100 % you could buy a 100% and a slide. I know you were talking glocks and not 1911's, I was just curious if you would run into same situation.

Member #
    Liked
    6562 times
    1911 are a whole other story. You will be putting a good bit of gunsmithing into one of those regardless of whether you start out with an 80% receiver, or a complete frame. There is a reason big name gunsmiths get paid big time bucks for building 1911 pistols, it is a lot of highly skilled work.
    RustyYoungMan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6562 times
    If you haven't already bought one of these 80% Glock frames you are too late as they are all gone now.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    376 times
    Brownells had them too...for $69.99 (no free parts kit)
    POLYMER80 80% POLYMER PISTOL FRAME V.1 | Brownells

But they too are out of stock now.

Interested to see a build thread on yours...would be a great project to follow start to finish.
    -WildBillOH

Member #
    Liked
    6562 times
    Look again, black is still in stock.

I suspect Polymer80 will be upgrading the large G17/G22 frame to include the improvements in the compact model, so they are emptying inventory.
    Last edited by GreenWolf70; 03-20-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    724 times
    while I'm sure there are laws and provisions that cover everything about getting into an 80% build on the ATF books. I think if you got stopped for a traffic problem and the cop finds an un-serial numbered gun in your car you're in for a very long day. generally I can find a factory receiver at price that makes the possible issues with an 80% seem less appealing, but that's just me.
    It is my personal belief that any religion that will let you have more than one mother-in-law at a time is not one you will be happy with.
    I also believe there are two career groups of people that you should avoid criminals and politicians.

Taurus Model 80 .38 Spl. 4"
    Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag. 5.5"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links