80% Glock Frames - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 80% Glock Frames

Member #
    Liked
    6123 times
    You can legally give it away, like a hand me down to one of your kids, or relatives, or just anyone you like, or don't like.

The full size models (G17, G22) have been on sale several times at Brownells, Midway, and a few other places for $99. I am currently waiting for the compact model (G19, G23) to come out in colors other than black. I like the idea of white, just because I can dye it any color I like, but any color other than black will be OK. I have this feeling this will not be my only one.

If it bothers you about the serial number, there is a place for one on it. So you could give it a serial number (in case you get stopped). You could have all kinds of fun with vanity serial numbers, like HRC-LOST, THEGRASSYKNOLL, 2A-LIVES, CHASITYBELT, JIC-HRC-1, W4FLASH, SHTMLF (Say Hello To My Little Friend), NOTMYGUN, CASPER. You get the jist.
    wildbilloh likes this.
    4 Dead in Benghazi while Cowards watched Overhead. 4 Dead in Benghazi while the Media hid. 4 Dead Heroes who died for those who do not care. 4 Dead in Benghazi and who will pay. 4 Dead in Benghazi and Hilliary screams, "What does it matter?" while the cowards rule.

I went to see the Movie "13 Hours" and you should too. They died and Hilliary lied. No protests, no video, just an Al Qaida attack.

Member #
    Liked
    6123 times
    Hey, I just got this eBlast from Lone wolf and they are running the full size Polymer80 80% frame in any available color (no back orders, so you better hurry) with a free parts kit (usually $82) on sale for $120.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/?trk_ms...free+parts+kit

I ordered a white one and I don't even have a slide for it.
    wildbilloh and Falstaff like this.
    4 Dead in Benghazi while Cowards watched Overhead. 4 Dead in Benghazi while the Media hid. 4 Dead Heroes who died for those who do not care. 4 Dead in Benghazi and who will pay. 4 Dead in Benghazi and Hilliary screams, "What does it matter?" while the cowards rule.

I went to see the Movie "13 Hours" and you should too. They died and Hilliary lied. No protests, no video, just an Al Qaida attack.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    I was just showing the site to my son and saw that..so looks like $10 off plus the free parts kit.

You are a bad influence!!
    -WildBillOH

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6123 times
    BTW, you can sell the kit as long as it has not been completed.

Member #
    Liked
    6123 times
    I think my SIL may be claiming my 80% Glock. Just talked to my daughter and she needs a gift for him.
    wildbilloh likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3810 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    Hey, I just got this eBlast from Lone wolf and they are running the full size Polymer80 80% frame in any available color (no back orders, so you better hurry) with a free parts kit (usually $82) on sale for $120.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/?trk_ms...free+parts+kit

I ordered a white one and I don't even have a slide for it.
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by wildbilloh View Post
    I was just showing the site to my son and saw that..so looks like $10 off plus the free parts kit.

You are a bad influence!!
    What are friends for?!?
    wildbilloh likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    GreenWolf - Do you have a cross slide vise and drill press? I have a Jet floor stand drill press that's just taking up space in the garage. I don't have the vise but found this one:
    6" Cross Slide Vise

Definitely adds to the cost...even with a 20% off coupon. I was thinking of maybe getting a few friends together to do a group purchase, but then wonder if one of us bought the 80% kits...would it matter who ends up with a finished lower?
    -WildBillOH

Member #
    Liked
    6123 times
    I bought a cheap Chinese one that looks similar off ebay for $40, but I would not do that again. I usually don't mind cleaning up something like this, and I did end up with a workable cross slide vise in the end, but the machining on it was very crappy, crappy paint, the casting was half-a$$ed finished, it had the wrong size set screws on the collars which popped out as soon as I tightened them, and I had to grind off about an 1/8" on one of the locking collars because the locating hole was in the wrong place. Even small stuff like nuts were drilled and tapped off center. I probably spent about 12 hours cleaning it up, knocking off sharp edges, tightening up the fit and maybe $6 on correct size screws and nuts. NOT GOOD!

Unless you intend to, or can, personally insect the vise before you buy it, I would probably go with a known brand (Shop Fox, Wilton, Yost, Klutch) and just pay a little more. JHMO.

I don't think you need much of a cross slide vise, as I watched one guy on Utube set the jig up in a nice cross slide vise, on a nice floor drill press, and then instead of using the slide screws, he just moved the whole vise back and forth under the drill press. LOL, I don't think he knew how to use it, or at least had no training, but obviously he had the money for the nice tools.
    Falstaff likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6123 times
    Checked Lone Wolf's website a minute ago and they are out of black, OD, FDE and Stealth Gray. They only have left white and robin egg blue, both of which IMO are the easiest to RIT dye to a color you want. The REB will just add a bit of blue tint to your Rit dye color.

I would mill and drill to finish the frame and make sure none of the metal parts are installed and then follow the RIT Dye instructions. You can even tie dye, if you wish. Lots of UTube vids on using RIT dye on plastic.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    I really debated but held off for now due to other gun projects I need to finish. I'm interested to see what you do with it, and how it turns out. Post up pics of the build, or get your son in law to join the site and post them, it should be a fun project!
    -WildBillOH

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links