Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Mods for Taurus pt 24/7 pro c ds, in .40 caliber

Hey guys,
    I just traded my Rossi .357 mag snub nose and a cobra international .32 caliber derringer for the taurus pt 24/7 pro c ds and i love it so far, only thing i don't like is the fact that the trigger guard seems to bother my hand a little when i grip the pistol to shoot. I can get used to that tho. However, i would like to find out if there is anything i can do to modify the gun any. My neihbor has a charles daily 1911 .45 and he has the trigger adjusted and several other mods.
    I forgot to mention but i really don't like the trigger on this weapon, it has too much travel till it fires and seems to be a little heavy. I would like to reduce the travel some if possible and definatly reduce the trigger pull weight to about 3lbs. or maybe 2 1/2 lbs. if possible. If anyone can tell me anything about the mods available for this weapon i would appreciate it alot. Also if anyone knows any good websites for accessories for this gun would be a big help too. I would like to buy extra mags, sights, laser sights/lights, etc.
    Thanks to all who read....

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Re: Mods for Taurus pt 24/7 pro c ds, in .40 caliber

With all due respect, you should have tried out the trigger by dry-firing it a couple of dozen times before you bought it.

There's nothing that I am aware of that you can do to shorten the length of pull, and a 2.5 lb trigger is asking for trouble, even if it could be safely done. This is a combat pistol not a match pistol. 3.5 to 4 lbs is as light as most people want a combat trigger to be. I think you are looking at a ND in your future if you monkey with the trigger weight to make it lighter

As for comparing it to a M1911, the geometry of the two fire systems is completely different. The 1911 lends itself to modification and striker-fired guns like the 24/7 not so much.

Shooting a few hundred rounds through it will smooth out the trigger and you will become accustomed to the weight of pull.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Yea you are right that i should have tried it out first, but i do think that after shooting it a while i will probably get used to it. I'm hoping anywaz if not i'll just maybe trade it for another. Are all taurus triggers like this?? What do you think would happen with a 2.5 lbs trigger? or even a 3?? but now that you have mentioned i think you are right that i shouldn't mess with the trigger, now that we have agreed on that, is there any other mods for this gun??
    Thanks to all

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Quote Originally Posted by charlie
    Yea you are right that i should have tried it out first, but i do think that after shooting it a while i will probably get used to it. I'm hoping anywaz if not i'll just maybe trade it for another. Are all taurus triggers like this?? What do you think would happen with a 2.5 lbs trigger? or even a 3?? but now that you have mentioned i think you are right that i shouldn't mess with the trigger, now that we have agreed on that, is there any other mods for this gun??
    Thanks to all
    Have you ever shot semi-auto with a 2.5 lb trigger? Unintentional double-taps are common.

Again, what sort of mods are you talking about? You can't change the stocks (there aren't any); no one makes match barrels, that I am aware of; you can put aftermarket sights on them ...

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    9578 times

I think you're stuck with the trigger pull the gun came with. I'm not aware of any safe or available modifications that can be made on one of these, especially without voiding the warranty.

Majorlk is right, about the only mods you can do on these guns is a different set of sights, and a slip-on grip like a Hogue or Pachmayr. These guns are pretty much ready to go right out of the box, and don't require tuning or anything.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy
    I think you're stuck with the trigger pull the gun came with. I'm not aware of any safe or available modifications that can be made on one of these, especially without voiding the warranty.
    I think it is interesting that Wolff has not come out with any replacement springs except for the 92/99 and 100/101 frames and the 945. Even the 945 is stronger recoil springs only.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

sure would like to have less pull.......... oh well

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Quote Originally Posted by charlie
    sure would like to have less pull.......... oh well
    Not being as familiar with striker-fired semi-autos (especially polymer framed ones) as hammer fired, I don't know what polishing a gunsmigh could do to smooth out the action, if anything. Put 500 rounds through the gun and the trigger will smooth out, giving the feeling of a lighter trigger pull. Plus you will become accustomed to the pull and never pay any attention to the actual pull weight.

You never answered my question about shooting with a 2.5 lb trigger - have you ever done it before and on what gun? 2.5 lbs is VERY light. That's what my Python has SA and I would NOT want it on my center-fire semi-autos. My two match .22s have 1.5 lb triggers and it takes a deliberate concentration NOT to double tap!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Theres a reason the trigger pulls on combat pistols have a somewhat long and heavy trigger pull. In a high stress situation I promise you won't notice.
    PT 24/7 Pro C .40
    "Molon Labe"

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

well i had a rossi .357 which was SA with the hammer back and DA with the hammer down, whenever i would pull back the hammer (the trigger would come back with it, almost to the rearmost position) and it didn't take much to fire it, at least 2 of my freinds that shot it fired it off before they were ready to actually shoot!!!!
    i don't know what the pull weight would be on the SA mode of it but it was touchy.
    No, i havn't shot that light of a pull any other time that i know of.

Oh so they make these triggers like this for a reason??
    Big B, have you ever been in that high stress situation that we speak of????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links