Taurus Revolver Disassembly - Pictorial Guide - Page 25
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Taurus Revolver Disassembly - Pictorial Guide

Member #
    Liked
    357 times
    I realize I am resurrecting a post from long ago, but I can't thank you enough for this guide! You saved me from a lot of aggravation and headache.

I was having trouble with my model 66. Chambers 5-7 were stiff to cycle. Couldn't see anythingbut figured I had gotten SOMETHING in it. Was working fine.

So, I started looking up Taurus disassembly instructions and there they were. Cleaned everything... and at the tip from a friend to yse a brass brush on the ejector star and the chamber rims... (scrubbing REALLY well).... I was able to fix the problem. I did have one remaining issue. When I put the cylinder back in and screwed everything down again... I could still remove the cylinder!?!?... so, there I went looking at the pictures again. Sure enough I was missing the LITTLE plunger and spring... thinking I had lost it... I searched my work bench! Low and behold... there it WAS! MAN that is a tiny piece. Anyway, got it back in and after an few minutes dry firing it t make sure it functioned right (remember it is ME doing the gunsmithing) I was satisfied with the function of my 66. Trigger pull is even lighter than I remembered from pre-crisis.

So, all that to say, thank you for taking the time to do this and be so detailed. Saved my 66 big time.
    Last edited by AZM66; 01-11-2017 at 03:48 PM.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links