Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Need Help! Front and Rear sight Dovetail Dimensions on PT1911

Can someone help me ?! As I am new to finding fully adjustable sights or for that matter, any sights. I am looking for sights that don't need any machining. I contacted Bomar Sights and was asked what size dovetail I have. The model I have has the Heine sights on them. I'm trying to fined out the dimensions to the front and rear sight dovetails. I know they are proprietary. I need all three dimensions angle, width, and height?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

PS Sorry I posted on Firing Line
    I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it...
    So don't take away my guns!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Need Help! Front and Rear sight Dovetail Dimensions on PT1911

Hi Viz gun sights say the dove tail on the 24/7 is the same as the gen 3 mil pro. Take a look at their sights. My sdon has them on his ruger and they are great!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Re: Need Help! Front and Rear sight Dovetail Dimensions on PT1911

The only way that I know to determine these dimensions is to measure the origional sight. Either remove the sight from the pistol or order a new sight from Taurus to measure. Several other people have tried to find this info without any results that I am aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by basbol13
    Can someone help me ?! As I am new to finding fully adjustable sights or for that matter, any sights. I am looking for sights that don't need any machining. I contacted Bomar Sights and was asked what size dovetail I have. The model I have has the Heine sights on them. I'm trying to fined out the dimensions to the front and rear sight dovetails. I know they are proprietary. I need all three dimensions angle, width, and height?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

PS Sorry I posted on Firing Line
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links