Member #
    Liked
    0 times

assembly and cleaning of PT92 9mm

Anyone have any resources to share on how to disassemble, clean and reassemble a PT92 9mm? I'm new to this and need some help.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: assembly and cleaning of PT92 9mm

Ain't hard. #1 - MAKE SURE THE GUN IS UNLOADED AND THE MAGAZINE IS OUT. CHECK AND DOUBLE CHECK THE CHAMBER AFTER DROPPING THE MAG. Once you release the slide and pull it off for a basic cleaning strip there are not that many parts inside. Just the barrel and locking block assembly, (which is basicaly 2 parts that look like a saddle and fit together), and the recoil spring and guide rod. 4 parts in all and nothing really small that's easy to loose or put back together. I have not felt the need to go any further than this as of yet with mine in the cleaning. I can't see doing a full dissasembly of the gun unless the cleaning was neglected for a long time and there is a ton of gunk in it, or if it were to be contaminated with sand, mud, or some other nasty substance. I clean after every time I shoot to keep any buildup from accumulating and hardening. Q-tips help to get into all the nooks and crannies around the rails and a bore snake will do one heck of a job on cleaning the barrel. A jet of break free will reach really hard to get to areas. Everything easy to get to gets wiped down with a little solvent on a washcloth. Everything then gets a wipedown with a silicone guncloth, the rails and moving parts get a light dab of oil before re-assembly of the barrel, guide rod and spring. Once back together (just as easy as taking it apart, just in reverse), the gun gets wiped down all over with the silicone cloth to remove any fingerprints, oil, solvent or other gunk on the surface. Every once and a while I wipe the weapon down with a slightly oily cloth as well.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    2479 times

Re: assembly and cleaning of PT92 9mm

Here's Video on Disassembly:

For cleaning, I'll only ad that flushing Disc Brake Cleaner down the Slide Firing Pin hole will keep the Slide Internals nicely clean. Be sure to relube afterwards as Disc Brake Cleaner removes all lubrication.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Links