Seriously something wrong here.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Seriously something wrong here.

Member #
    Liked
    902 times

Seriously something wrong here.

This has been going on for over a month and is not getting better. To the point that it is almost impossible to post a response to any thread. Quote's now doesn't work and the keyboard response is getting ridicules. I can type in a letter and the delay is seconds at times or I get no response at all. Try and backspace to correct missing letters sometimes works and sometimes not at all. Lastly when I post a response most of the time it will not post up until I refresh the page. This is getting very frustrating.

There is nothing wrong with my computer either, it's this forum and only on this forum.
    777Driver likes this.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    12309 times
    I've noticed a slight lag now and then in the forum, but nothing serious. If it gets too bad, I reboot my computer and all seems well again. What can I say, I don't spend a lot for my PCs and laptops.
    Duct tape. Ah, the possibilities!

Member #
    Liked
    920 times
    I have the same issues on my computer at work. My solution has been to try and limit myself to using my iPad when posts posting.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20115 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    This has been going on for over a month and is not getting better. To the point that it is almost impossible to post a response to any thread. Quote's now doesn't work and the keyboard response is getting ridicules. I can type in a letter and the delay is seconds at times or I get no response at all. Try and backspace to correct missing letters sometimes works and sometimes not at all. Lastly when I post a response most of the time it will not post up until I refresh the page. This is getting very frustrating.

There is nothing wrong with my computer either, it's this forum and only on this forum.
    I have had some issues also. Sometimes clearing your cache helps along with a reboot.

The lackofspacesinresponses is also a real PITA...

If you space down a couple after the quote and then arrow up it will usually let you make a response without having to go back and insert spaces.

We are letting the software peeps know of issues as they arise.
    It is difficult to gain the truth from the media in this age. It is a huge puzzle with small pieces. In order to solve it, one must have perseverance, all of the pieces, imagination, time, and most of all...the desire to put the picture together. Our real trouble is that there are far too few people today with the desire to do this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14888 times
    Clean the registry
    This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business. -Me

Who needs the CIA when you have the KGB? - Donald Trump

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Member #
    Liked
    364 times
    Use a script blocker. I use Firefox and NoScript. I noticed things were getting really slow and discovered that I had enabled scripts for the site (disabled NoScript). When I re-enabled the script blocking everything returned to normal. It is all the scripts that load ads and "stuff" (being very PC here) from other websites - like google-analytics, googleadservices.com, jquery.com, and amazon-adsystem.com etc. Every page on this site loads stuff from about a dozen different other web sites if you let all the scripts run and do their thing. If one (or more) of those sites are busy your computer will pause in loading the page until those other sites finish providing whatever "content" (being PC again) they are supplying - things like ad banners, and highlighted words that are clickable links to other web sites, etc...
    Last edited by BC605; 12-18-2016 at 09:20 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    902 times
    [QUOTE=BC605;3353106]Use a script blocker. I use Firefox and NoScript. I noticed things were getting really slow and discovered that I had enabled scripts for the site (disabled NoScript). When I re

HaHa, this is what happens most of the time with quotes.
    Didn't realize there were that many scrpts running, will lookat settings.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    2127 times
    Generally I have found that selecting "Go Advanced" works as epected.
    WartHog354 and Denton like this.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Good one!

Or was that not intentional?
    FreeInAZ likes this.
    Taurus PT92AF
    Taurus 709
    Taurus 85 revolver
    Taurus PT111 G2
    Sig P290RS
    S&W SD9VE
    S&W M&P 15 Sport II
    S&W M&P 15-22 Sport
    Ruger SR22
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Glock 43
    Tristar C100

Member #
    Liked
    902 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSo View Post
    Generally I have found that selecting "Go Advanced" works as epected.
    Not here in this case. When I get incomplete quotes there is no fixing it. Right now it's happening about 50% of the time. There have been a few times that I just gave up.

Join the fun!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links