Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Which holster for Rossi Snubbie 44 Mag Revolver

I just bought a Rossi Snub nose revolver from academy today. Since this pistol can only be had at academy, the holsters will not list it will fit this model because this model is unheard of. Is their a similar Taurus holster that will work on this? I have a buddy with a snubnose 45lc Taurus that looks the same but have not compared side by side so I do not know how similar they really are. I am looking for a paddle style holster. Thanks for any help.

Member #
    Liked
    5059 times
    I'm not positive, but I would reckon a holster for a 617 might should fit.
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it…” - U.S. Declaration of Independence

I WILL NOT COMPLY

"Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free
    state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

http://csagov.org/

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I just bought one today too. I'm looking for a nice leather paddle or pancake holster. This is on the tracker frame so basically any S&w k frame holster will do or for a Taurus tracker like the 617. Check out Bianchi. Optic planet has them at reasonable prices and they are quality leather.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The issue is when I was looking at some of the other holsters ie. the 617, it says it fits as long as it doesnt have high visibility sights. I looked all day for a holster that would fit a S&W K frame but did not see anything. It would be nice to get one local and not have the hassle of shipping it back.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just tried my R44102 in a Galco FL104B high ride holster used for my Ruger GP100. Fits pretty well. Just a tad loose, but the thumb break holds it well. The high vis sights don't touch the top of the sight track in the holster. Not a cheap holster. Got mine in a trade in new condition. Hope this helps.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I'm leaning towards Bianchi 5bh hip holster. Part # 10168. This fits the K and L frame smiths and various taurus revolvers on the same frame size as this rossi. Not cheap but it's a quality leather hoster. I've got a few other bianchi that are really nice. Galco is another option
    As a paddle holster and also quality leather as I like. Spd112 is the # for it. Check those out you may like.

For right now i actually just cut down an old hunter 6" leather holster that has seen its better days for use till I can talk my lovely wife into buying me a new one for Christmas

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bPrice View Post
    I just bought a Rossi Snub nose revolver from academy today. Since this pistol can only be had at academy, the holsters will not list it will fit this model because this model is unheard of. Is their a similar Taurus holster that will work on this? I have a buddy with a snubnose 45lc Taurus that looks the same but have not compared side by side so I do not know how similar they really are. I am looking for a paddle style holster. Thanks for any help.
    Check out an Uncle Mike's Sidekick Paddle - size 0 - item number 7800-1. I have one in the old discarded holster bin -- and it fits the Rossi 44 Magnum nicely...

Amazon.com: Uncle Mike's Law Enforcement Kodra Nylon Paddle Holster with Thumb Break, Black: Sports & Outdoors
    Too many guns to list...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The bianchi looks great but looks like you have to attach it to a belt. I like the paddle holster for the ease of taking it on and off and its nice to not have to wear a belt all the time. Uncle Mikes might be an option. I would prefer a hard plastic vs the nylon.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3192 times
    I understand that the R44201 is the Blued version of the Taurus M44C. I too bought the Rossi at Academy on Black Friday. A word to the wise, I shot 240gr and it was a real handfull.

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flyandscuba View Post
    Check out an Uncle Mike's Sidekick Paddle - size 0 - item number 7800-1. I have one in the old discarded holster bin -- and it fits the Rossi 44 Magnum nicely...

Amazon.com: Uncle Mike's Law Enforcement Kodra Nylon Paddle Holster with Thumb Break, Black: Sports & Outdoors
    I tried my R44102 in the Uncle Mikes Law Enforcement Paddle Holster #7800-1 just a few minutes ago and can second the results presented by flyandscuba.

I had purchased mine for a 3" Rossi .357 that I subsequently sold and just had the holster surplus. I'm glad I didn't get rid of it now.
    Last edited by Tslepebull; 12-15-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    "An armed society is a polite society", R. A. Heinlein.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links