Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Renaissance Wax

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Mark40 
#1 ·
Decided to give this stuff a try. Glad I did. This is amazing stuff for blued or stainless guns. It really makes blued guns look outstanding. Just clean your guns after shooting, oil as usual but leave the external surfaces a bit dry and wax and polish with this stuff. It's amazing. No finger prints and great protection. Worth every penny. The large size tub will last you a lifetime. Going to try spit shining my Bates Floataways with it.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Never heard of it. Researched it. Going to buy some too!

#8 ·
Museums use it as a barrier for many objects from snuff boxes to outdoor sculpture.

It protects well, is inert and can be replaced on a schedule to keep high value hard goods surfaces protected and stable!

A great product and once 'set' very durable BUT completely removable and replaceable.

Reactions: texastaurusguy
#10 · (Edited)
I bought some for the first time last year, and I agree it makes old guns (that have good finishes) look great. I'm almost out of it now. Gonna look for a larger jar of it.

I've used it on some stainless revolvers, and it looks fine. The problem with blued revolvers is they show smudges and streaks, and that's where this stuff really "shines" (pun intended.) But it's good for stainless because it protects, and even if stainless is less prone to corrosion, why not give it some help. The only thing I notice is if you've oiled the exterior of your gun recently, it's best to wipe it all off as best you can before putting on the wax. R Wax should protect the finish from rust as well as oil.

#12 · (Edited)
Reactions: Mark40 and Rossi
#13 ·
Any opinions on how well it might fill in very light surface scratches?

#15 ·
I will say to use a very small amount, and buff it with a very soft cloth
agreed Fredward;

Have used it on my Rossi 94 and Taurus 94 so far. Very satisfied and Renaissance Wax will be the finishing touch on my revolvers when I clean them.

I much prefer this rather than a light coat of oil upon completion of cleaning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.