Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Basic Lee Reloader Press - how did you mount yours

Received my Lee Reloader Press yesterday - I already have a lee turret. I am planning on using the reloader primarily for depriming prior to brass cleaning. But the way the press is built, I would have to plan on dismounting it ever time the spent primer holder is full or build some sort of mount that allows me to clear them out or cut a hole in my bench (which I really don't want to do).
    So I am curious if there are any simple and effective approaches to handling this issue with this very simple press.

Member #
    Liked
    14761 times
    I have a friend that bolted down 3 short pieces of 2x4's to form a u shape. He then bolted his basic press two the 2x4's. The primers fell into the u shape and he sucked them up with his shop vac. Worked for him. I use a portable block of wood that I made along with a hammer and punch. I can de-prime in different places at my convenience, usually while watching tv. Primers fall into a catch that I just empty into the garbage can.
    Shooting and Fishing! Life is Good!
    ><((((> ><((((> ><((((> Fish on! <)))>< <)))>< <)))><
    ************************************************** ************************************************
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about getting out there and Dancing in the Rain.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    6884 times
    I own 2 progressives and a Lyman turret press. I bolted 'em to 2x12s. I can either use my Black and Decker Workman 15 dollar knock off bench from Harbor freight, mount it in the bench, then clamp it down with a C clamp so as it won't move around, or I can clamp it to my garage bench to load as if it were permanent mounted there. In the portable bench, I can load in the living room in the AC. It's hot out in that garage this time of year. Heat index was 106 the other day. Cooler weather, I can just clamp it to the garage work bench. Either way, set up is a matter of seconds. The presses come out for storage under the bench in the shop.
    Taurus Rossi
    M85UL M511 Sportsman
    M66 3" blue M68 3"
    M66 4" Nickel M92 Carbine in .357 Mag
    M605 Poly Protector
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" - G.B. Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    I bought a Lee Reloading stand for my 4 hole turret set up.... ( i live in an apartment) it works real good, takes up little space and can be moved around,
    the concrete blocks makes it a little cumbersome but, you can remove the blocks before you move it... just food for thought.... you could set up your press with this set up somewhere else...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    What I found out after getting my universal depriming die was that it did not take near the pressure as it was with my caliber specific deprimer/resizer. With that said, i have been able to get by by simply c-clamping it to my loading bench. When the hole fills up, I vacuum it out. However, I am going to make a form to allow the loader to be mounted more permanently. I do like that small lee loading bench. It's portable enough I could set it up out on the patio and deprime while I am relaxing.

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Mine is about half-full, but every couple of primers already fall out onto the bench anyways (they miss the drop hole for some reason). I figured I'd just vacuum out when it got full but otherwise wouldn't worry about emptying it.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links