Member #
    Liked
    2 times

wife surprised me with a tumbler kit

My wife was in northwest Houston for the last week (close to a great little store that carries everything Lee and a lot of other reloading stuff). I mentioned that while she was there she might pick up a bullet puller for me and told her the model. I jokingly mentioned a Franford brass cleaning/tumbler kit would be nice, too.
    She had both waiting for me when I came home yesterday from work. Nice..
    Took a few minutes getting the bullet puller to work and one .45 acp I have is too deep for the puller to work, so it remains as a reminder.
    Got the tumbler working last night. What an improvement. Now I want to get a single stage and buy some depriming dies for my calibers to make my process more efficient, plus reduce wear on my turret press.
    Decided after mixing de-primed .38 special, .45 acp and 9mm last night into one load that future sessions will be one caliber at a time. Idiot me had already separated the calibers and deprimed them and then mixed the three into one load for cleaning. Plus, it seemed like the .45 acp liked to consume the other brass so I had a lot of stuck-together brass.
    But I know I am going to like this addition to my reloading tools.

Member #
    Liked
    611 times

Re: wife surprised me with a tumbler kit

My first time brass cleaning was with water and simple green. I soon after bought a tumbler... it's WAY better. Grats on the new stuff.
    Lifetime NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    937 times

It sounds like you owe your wife a nice dinner out.
    Character and Ethics count, don't leave home without them. Or your CCW!

Member #
    Liked
    2214 times

I got a Lee Hand Press and a Lee Universal Deprimer die that I use for all my depriming. The only thing I swap out when changing calibers is the Shellholder. Sometimes, I'll use the hand press for the taper crimp because it is so fast.
    4 Dead in Benghazi while Cowards watched. 4 Dead in Benghazi while the Media hid. 4 Dead Heroes who died for those who do not care. 4 Dead in Benghazi and who will pay. 4 Dead in Benghazi and the cowards rule.

Member #
    Liked
    1729 times

It's cool when your wife does stuff like that! A few months back my wife and I were walking around in Wally World near the hunting section. Out of the blue she asks me, "Don't you need some more clays and shells"? I could have fallen over. My reply was to the positive! Thank God for wives who indulge us in the shooting sports! May every fella be so blessed!
    HE thinks, therefore I am! <><

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Going to look up the details on the universal depriming die. Sounds like it might be the ticket.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I got my lee universal depriming die yesterday... My 9yo daughter is sitting at my press right now depriming my 9mms for me (the universal is much easier for her to actuate than the standard 9mm specific die.) My single stage press should arrive tomorrow so then I can let her deprime while I load the rounds.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16596 times

I'd say you "did a good day's work" when you married that little lady!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by dpicts
    I got my lee universal depriming die yesterday... My 9yo daughter is sitting at my press right now depriming my 9mms for me (the universal is much easier for her to actuate than the standard 9mm specific die.) My single stage press should arrive tomorrow so then I can let her deprime while I load the rounds.
    Just placed my order for the basic lee press, universal decapping die and a set of shell holders. I think I will like that approach - get them deprimed before dumping them into the tumbler.

Yep, MillproGuy she is a pretty good gal. Been married for 21 years.

Member #
    Liked
    391 times

Nice

I have 2 tumblers, and that one was my first. Second one is cheaper (but still OK). You're gonna enjoy that FA tumbler a lot.

Have fun

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links