Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Empty ammunition boxes for packaging ammo for sale

A friend of mine has been going through the paces to start his own ammunition reloading company
    He needs to locate an outlet that sells boxes for him to package up the ammo for resale.
    Can anyone help with company info or websites?
    ~SPLAT~
    ___
    Taurus PT 111 PRO 9mm
    Taurus M327 2" Stainless .327 Federal Magnum (Wife's Carry Gun)
    Beretta 96 .40
    S & W 645 .45 (Prefered Carry Gun)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Re: Empty ammunition boxes for packaging ammo for sale

Splat

What type of volume are we talking about? Is he going to sell to distribitors, retail or just at gun shows?

The art work, printing and min amount of boxes could run into the thousands of dollars. If he is just starting out and selling locally, I would suggest he use the white boxes and just have a fancy label printed that he can stick on them. The boxes can be purchased from Midway USA in lots of 100 and since he needs a FFL to sell ammo he could contact Midway and see about getting a dealer discount on their products.

Jim
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Member #
    Liked
    1919 times

When I was doing that for about 15 years I used the boxes from Midway, but I also used boxes and packaging from Scharch manufacturing. You can google and find their web site. Scharch in located in Salida Colorado and are great people to deal with. They also handle brass and bullets, prices are good and shipping was included in the price, don't know now.
    U.S. Navy 2-63/3-86 Retired E-8, MMCS
    Caterpillar Field Service Tech 1988-2007
    Retired and loving it!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I looked at a few manufactures of reloaded ammo and they use generic white box and stickers for their logo...
    I was thinking he could use the white boxes and get a rubber ink pad stamp for a logo and other stamps for caliber and data info.
    ~SPLAT~
    ___
    Taurus PT 111 PRO 9mm
    Beretta 96 .40

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by guesser
    When I was doing that for about 15 years I used the boxes from Midway, but I also used boxes and packaging from Scharch manufacturing. You can google and find their web site. Scharch in located in Salida Colorado and are great people to deal with. They also handle brass and bullets, prices are good and shipping was included in the price, don't know now.
    I had found that company online but hoped to find a cheaper source
    ~SPLAT~
    ___
    Taurus PT 111 PRO 9mm
    Beretta 96 .40

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by SPLAT
    A friend of mine has been going through the paces to start his own ammunition reloading company
    He needs to locate an outlet that sells boxes for him to package up the ammo for resale.
    Can anyone help with company info or websites?
    Here is a company I used several years ago for a time when doing some internet sales requiring shipping. There are literally thousands you can choose from.

http://www.papermart.com/Home.aspx.

Just my 2 cents!
    Best Regards from Minnesota

Rick

Member #
    Liked
    1919 times

The nice thing about the Scharch boxes are the plastic trays and the "Made In USA" and hazardous handling warnings are already stamped on their red boxes. A small label maker attached to your computer is much nicer than rubber stamps, you don't need large labels but they must be easily read and in plain view and to save money you only have to put the cartridge data on one end and your company logo and contact # on top. Keep it simple and clean with a cartridge silhouette on the company logo label and I liked the red boxes from Scharch also because they don't show finger prints and from being handled and they are going to get handled many, many times before the reach the end user.
    U.S. Navy 2-63/3-86 Retired E-8, MMCS
    Caterpillar Field Service Tech 1988-2007
    Retired and loving it!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    6561 times

Not sure about the price of boxes, labels, printing, etc.
    But has he checked into the price of liability insurance?
    Just saying, theres a reason that we all think these companies make so much money, if you check behind the scenes there is an awful lot of hidden cost.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

One cost isn't hidden: the 11% excise tax on ammo sold (payable by manufacturer).

Another interesting fact: if you sell ammo back to the party that gives you empty brass, the excise tax is waived.

Personally, unless this is boutique ammo any box will do. Even loose ammo fires and properly crimped ammo won't setback.

Heck you can get 1k of 9mm or 223 bulk packed loose all over the world.

But I guess that loses the unpacking feel. You have seen "haul videos" right?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors
    Not sure about the price of boxes, labels, printing, etc.
    But has he checked into the price of liability insurance?
    Just saying, theres a reason that we all think these companies make so much money, if you check behind the scenes there is an awful lot of hidden cost.
    Yup..
    ~SPLAT~
    ___
    Taurus PT 111 PRO 9mm
    Beretta 96 .40

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links