Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Does anyone have load data for SMP 735.

I have a pound of SMP 735 powder, but don't have any load data for it. The powder is made by St. marks powder. I already called and all that I got was that it is used for .223, but they could not give any load data or would not, due to liability issues. Is there someone that can point me in the right direction or with prior experience with this ball powder? It would be a shame to have to discard this powder, specially in today's economy.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    4518 times

Re: Does anyone have load data for SMP 735.

Try AR15.com. They are the know all on the AR 15 and .223. Hope it helps.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    6234 times

Never heard of it. Just googling, I found it was distributed by Hodgdon, but I can find no info on it. Seems it's a powder made for the military to their specs, or that's what I read on it. .
    Taurus Rossi
    M85UL M511 Sportsman
    M66 3" blue M68 3"
    M66 4" Nickel M92 Carbine in .357 Mag
    M605 Poly Protector
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" - G.B. Shaw

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan
    Never heard of it. Just googling, I found it was distributed by Hodgdon, but I can find no info on it. Seems it's a powder made for the military to their specs, or that's what I read on it. .
    And if that is indeed the case, it is likely useful only in one specific load in one specific cartridge; this is not at all uncommon.

Absent actual load data from the manufacturer, I would not even think of using it. A pound of powder is roughly $25 - not worth the risk of messing with an unknown substance. Now if you had 25 or 30 pounds of the stuff ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by moninamoney View Post
    I have a pound of SMP 735 powder, but don't have any load data for it. The powder is made by St. marks powder. I already called and all that I got was that it is used for .223, but they could not give any load data or would not, due to liability issues. Is there someone that can point me in the right direction or with prior experience with this ball powder? It would be a shame to have to discard this powder, specially in today's economy.

for a 55gr FMJ BT use 24.1 to 24.7. DO NOT EXCEED 27.7, have been told/warned by several people to not exceed. I load it at 24.4 and have very good results at 100 yds.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links