Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: .45 and Titegroup

Member #
    Liked
    116 times

.45 and Titegroup

I've been reloading for quit awhile now but I've only loaded for 9mm and .40 S/W and have used Titegroup exclusivly. I just bought a PT 1911 so now I'm gonna start loading for .45. I already have some Hornady 230 grn. fmj and 230 grn. XTPs. Does Titegroup work well with the .45?
    kruizer@q.com likes this.
    PT 1911 .45
    Ruger Blackhawk .45 Colt/.45ACP
    Ruger Vaquero .45 Colt/.45ACP
    Ruger SR40
    Ruger SR9c
    Ruger .22/45
    Nope, no Glocks

Member #
    Liked
    8003 times
    There are a number of powders you can use for 45 ACP. Tite Group is one of them and works well. You will want to try several loads with different powders to determine what gives you the best accuracy. I use Tite group for 9mm, 40SW, 38Super. 357, and 38 Special. I get good results and the real benefit is more rounds per pound generally. As always, you should consult your reloading data for the best info.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    10816 times
    Yes ! I just ran 100 rounds through my PT1911 with 200 grain Hornady XTP hollowpoints, and they worked great with Titegroup. I say let 'er rip !
    jwc007 likes this.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    Sounds good. Like they say...if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm gonna burn some Titegroup!
    PT 1911 .45
    Ruger SR40
    Ruger SR9c
    Ruger .22/45
    Nope, no Glocks

Member #
    Liked
    1222 times
    That's good news for me too. I have a few pounds of titegroup and a couple thousand projectiles to load up.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10780 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gster View Post
    I've been reloading for quit awhile now but I've only loaded for 9mm and .40 S/W and have used Titegroup exclusivly. I just bought a PT 1911 so now I'm gonna start loading for .45. I already have some Hornady 230 grn. fmj and 230 grn. XTPs. Does Titegroup work well with the .45?
    Another great thing about the venerable old .45ACP it ain't so picky on powders like the smaller case cartridges, I gave had great success with bullseye, unique, herco, 230, 2400, green/red dot and many more....

Name:  Firearm%20Assistance.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  12.7 KBName:  Firearm%20Assistance.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  12.7 KB
    Lmstncwby likes this.
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

Member #
    Liked
    774 times
    Yep works great for 45, 38, 9, 40, 44mag(mouse farts), 357.

BW
    A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.

Does that sound familiar??? Wake up America!

Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    Update: I ordered a set of .45acp dies from Midway USA last Sunday and they arrived Weds. Last night I made 8 test rnds. using 4.4 grns of titegroup. Tonight after work I walked out to my range and they worked fine but grouped about 4" and the brass landed right beside me so I didn't get too excited. After I had supper I went to the bench and made 4 rnds with 4.5 grns. and seated them to 1.200. Back out to my range I went, and this time I got excited. Those rnds. grouped about 1 1/2" and the brass landed about 4 to 5' to my right. I was shooting 10 yrds. I went against my own advice that I give everybody about testing from a solid rest to see how a gun shoots. Now I'm not sure whether to stop here or up the charge another 10th. Man! I love this gun!
    mooseairborne likes this.
    PT 1911 .45
    Ruger SR40
    Ruger SR9c
    Ruger .22/45
    Nope, no Glocks

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    It doesn't always play nice with lead bullets and it burns very hot.
    Have fun with it, but there are "better" powders.
    jwc007 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10539 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gster View Post
    Update: I ordered a set of .45acp dies from Midway USA last Sunday and they arrived Weds. Last night I made 8 test rnds. using 4.4 grns of titegroup. Tonight after work I walked out to my range and they worked fine but grouped about 4" and the brass landed right beside me so I didn't get too excited. After I had supper I went to the bench and made 4 rnds with 4.5 grns. and seated them to 1.200. Back out to my range I went, and this time I got excited. Those rnds. grouped about 1 1/2" and the brass landed about 4 to 5' to my right. I was shooting 10 yrds. I went against my own advice that I give everybody about testing from a solid rest to see how a gun shoots. Now I'm not sure whether to stop here or up the charge another 10th. Man! I love this gun!
    Unless you are a robot you know that shooting from a rest is going to give a better indication of accuracy. Shooting off hand is part of the process as well to see what other factors like muzzle flip/recovery time between shots is. For me that always follows establishing that the shot is accurate. If not - why proceed?!
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    Noam Chomsky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links