Member #
    Liked
    0 times

tear down procedures on taurus pt 908

hi all, i got my pt 908 used(no directions), and not being super experienced w/ teardown, i thought i'd ask first. is it similar to my 24/7, or should i find a manual first. thanx
    God loves you........... yep even on them days

Member #
    Liked
    4301 times

Re: tear down procedures on taurus pt 908

The 908 looks like it is based on the 911 or 940 series. Just to be on the safe side call Taurus and have them send a manual for that particular pistol. Talking to someone can confirm or deny this and get you the straight scoop. The Taurus web site has down loadable PDF manuals. It might be there. Still talking to a live person would be off more help. If the manual for down loading is there then go with that after talking with the Customer Service rep. Some research puts the 908 in as a single stack example of the 911 series or a relative of that line. Still, talking to Customer service would be your best bet. Then see if the metal framed manual that can be downloaded and is PDF has the 908 even mentioned. Click on Manuals at the Taurus USA website. It is ln the left hand column near the bottom. The 908 wasa introduced in 1993 and then dropped a short time later. Quality was not the issue. It was to compete with the other single stack 9mm. pistols out there. They need to come up with something similar again to compete with Kahr and S&W.

Super Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    81 times

Here is the latest manual Taurus has posted for their "metalic" pistols... http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/Metalli...manual_low.pdf. Hope this is helpful!
    [size=14pt]Senior Grand Master Tin Can Shooter and Paper Target Puncher[/size]

PT1911: Burnished Slide,
    Colobolo Grips,
    Millett 100
    Low Profile rear
    PT145: with HIVIZ
    Front Sight
    Browning
    Hi-Power,
    Green sealed
    Fiber Optic

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

thanx guys, it has been torn down cleaned and refired, and working well. i sent my wife out back with it to practice with it while i watched the rug rats, it was jamming on her allot, i think it was a combination of limp wrist, scared of the gun because an ejected shell came back at her and a weak mag spring. i ordered 2 new mags a couple of days ago, so that'll go away, but i am not sure of the rest of it.

she really made my day yesterday, as i took her to the gun shop to start working through the selection process for her conceal carry gun. i just let her and the salesman do their own thing, starting with revolvers, and then the pistols. without any intervention from me, she picked the millenium pro over the salesmans insistance on trying other ones, as he was not a taurus fan. her biggest contributing factors were ease of slide operation(generally her biggest problem) and overall comfort. now to pick between the 9mm or 40cal and get her to the range.
    God loves you........... yep even on them days

Member #
    Liked
    4301 times

Just as an aside. If a firearm has been out of manufacture for any length of time, one has to write or call the company who made that model. For example, the Ruger P97 in .45ACP has been discontinued for some time and the 345 replaced it. If a manual for the P97 is to be, had one has to request one by mail or phone. Cannot PDF download the manual any more since it went out of print. The out of manufacture model may very well be omitted from newer or updated manuals. There are Gun Digest books that have the blow ups of the blueprints or the firearm as it is stripped down. These however do not have field or detailed stripping instructions. www.e-gunparts.com has the same thing at their website for various firearms new and out of manufacture.

Links