Like Tree6Likes

Thread: TTAG: Gun Review: Taurus PT-92 AF

Member #
    Liked
    13849 times

TTAG: Gun Review: Taurus PT-92 AF

SOURCE:
    Gun Review: Taurus PT-92 AF | The Truth About Guns

The firearms blog The Truth About Guns posted a lengthy and mostly positive review of the PT-92 AF.

In summary, it performed well EXCEPT with TulaAmmo steel cased loads, and there were some issues with the followers on the Taurus magazines.

The SUMMARY:

RATINGS (out of five stars):

Accuracy * * * *
    Three-inch groups at 25 yards are definitely better than average, and better than most of us can shoot offhand anyway.

Styling * * * *
    The elegant and iconic looks of the Model 92F/M9 are even better with a frame-mounted safety.
    Ergonomics * * * (carry) * * * * * (shooting)
    Too zaftig for CCW, but its comfortable controls, excellent trigger and minimal recoil make it an absolute joy to shoot. Definitely try one out before purchasing, if youíve got small hands.
    Reliability * * * * 1/2
    100% feeding, ejection and firing (with brass-cased ammo) through more than 450 rounds fired. It doesnít like steel-cased ammo, but we donít care. Deduct half a star for the failure to slide-lock.
    Overall * * * *
    A damned fine pistol and a great value. After comparing and shooting the Taurus and Beretta side-by-side, I would choose the Taurus first.

FULL REVIEW:
    Gun Review: Taurus PT-92 AF | The Truth About Guns
    leejack and MilProGuy like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1411 times
    Yes, a well played song !!
    Very dependable, with quite the long track record in her favor !
    I never hesitate recommending her.

Almost 30 years old.......and [first] produced in the old
    Beretta factory...Brazil.
    Let me find her WIKI.....

Good ole girl....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurus_PT92
    Last edited by elPescador; 11-05-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    leejack and MilProGuy like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1713 times
    Love my PT 92 I don't call it Special Favorite for nothing. Maybe now more people will be willing to give Taurus a try, rather than the same old "it's a Taurus don't do it" crap.
    MilProGuy likes this.
    Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can not feel a battle in your bones or foresee a fight. - Havamal

The best tactical add-on, as we all know down deep, is 10,000 rounds of practice ammo.-Hickok45

The breath becomes energy in the body. The energy extends past your limbs and becomes fire.-Uncle Iroh

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7353 times
    For those of you who may not have followed the OP other thread, this PT92 that is being referenced to is not a new firearm. He traded his PT99 for this which was a pre-owned pistol.
    Of course this will not effect the warranty because Taurus offers a Lifetime Warranty on the pistols. However, if you do take a dremmel tool to it Taurus could refuse warranty coverage. I would recommend taking it down and strip that puppy from head to tail. Do a deep cleaning on it paying special attention to the ejector area and make sure it gets oiled well. Then take it to the range and try it again, should the problem remain call Taurus and let them do there thing under warranty. Buying a used gun is not unlike buying a used car, you don't know how well it was maintained, taken care of or if it has a problem until it shows itself.
    Good Luck, the PT92 is a fine side arm when given a chance.
    A Dead Skunk smells no better than a Live Skunk........Sometimes things plain out right STINK!!!!!!.

Only a few hours @ Sandy Lake, but a Life Time of Memories with friends!!!

Member #
    Liked
    2647 times
    Great now everyone will want one and the price will go up.

BTW if you don't like your 99 sent it to me. I'll pay the freight.
    Thank you, to all who serve; past, present and future. It is people, like you, who are willing to serve that have made this a great nation. I pray for your safety, your family, and the leaders that make decisions that affect you. I will always pray for and respect the office of the President of the United States, I don't have to like the person elected. Until HE comes, or calls me home, here by the power of Christ I'll stand.
    "Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8".
    1SG (retired)

Member #
    Liked
    1713 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    For those of you who may not have followed the OP other thread, this PT92 that is being referenced to is not a new firearm. He traded his PT99 for this which was a pre-owned pistol.
    Of course this will not effect the warranty because Taurus offers a Lifetime Warranty on the pistols. However, if you do take a dremmel tool to it Taurus could refuse warranty coverage. I would recommend taking it down and strip that puppy from head to tail. Do a deep cleaning on it paying special attention to the ejector area and make sure it gets oiled well. Then take it to the range and try it again, should the problem remain call Taurus and let them do there thing under warranty. Buying a used gun is not unlike buying a used car, you don't know how well it was maintained, taken care of or if it has a problem until it shows itself.
    Good Luck, the PT92 is a fine side arm when given a chance.
    Um you may have gotten this in the wrong thread.
    Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can not feel a battle in your bones or foresee a fight. - Havamal

The best tactical add-on, as we all know down deep, is 10,000 rounds of practice ammo.-Hickok45

The breath becomes energy in the body. The energy extends past your limbs and becomes fire.-Uncle Iroh

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16596 times
    Thanks, TexasDeputy, for sharing the link to an interesting read on the venerable PT92 pistol. You, sir, are definitely an asset to this forum, and we appreciate your casting your lot with us here at TaurusArmed.net.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16596 times
    I recently purchased this very nice used blued PT92 for $299; and she is presently spending some time with Mike and the good folks at T&Z Armory (one of our sponsors), where she will be completely disassembled and Dura Coated in a black tactical finish. I'll be showing it off when the work is done and she's back in my hot little hands.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Member #
    Liked
    1713 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    I recently purchased this very nice used blued PT92 for $299; and she is presently spending some time with Mike and the good folks at T&Z Armory (one of our sponsors), where she will be completely disassembled and Dura Coated in a black tactical finish. I'll be showing it off when the work is done and she's back in my hot little hands.
    Nice I hope you enjoy it.
    MilProGuy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Nice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links