Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9991 times

Fire Dragon 357Sig barrel in a Taurus got a question or two

I keep looking at these Fire Dragon compensated drop in barrels that will change the Taurus PT100/101 over to shoot 357Sig ammo. The website says it will fit the Taurus as well as the Beretta 92.

So a couple of questions.

Does anyone have a photo of this Fire Dragon barrel installed on a Taurus that you own or have owned?

Did the compensator make any noticeable difference?

Do you see any reason that this barrel would or would not work on the Taurus PT101P (I know the magazine is a different size, but I'm not sure about any barrel
    design changes)?

Is it worth $185 plus $10 for shipping to be able to fire two different caliber ammo from the same pistol? (FWIW: the 40 cal magazines are used with the .357sig ammo).

This was not really a planned purchase or train of thought, as I was not intending to introduce a new caliber size into my locker. However, it has been brought to my attention that I am needed to Foster a young very unexperienced lost poly that is of the .357sig persuasion.

Any feedback and/or photos are as always appreciated.
    "Courage is being scared to death.....but saddling up anyway"

You will always learn more with your mouth shut, and your ears open.

Member #
    Liked
    2788 times
    You have been talking about a 357 Sig for a while. Do it man! Take the leap on one. I love my 957 and it is a nice round to shoot. I think if you can get some favorable reviews, I like the idea of being able to use the same pistol for two different rounds. Good luck
    ‘‘It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.’’ - Justice Robert H. Jackson

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    I haven't tried them, but I only recently got a PT101P. You have been wanting a 357Sig gun for a while, so I second the motion and say 'go for it!'. The open slide of the 101 should eliminate any potential issues with a ported barrel such as those discussed a few months back when another member was trying to put a 357 barrel in his 940.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9991 times
    OK, well sometimes and it seems to happen, and happens much more here of late, my train of thought ends up on a different set of tracks. Plans were to purchase a Fire Dragon barrel to convert a PT100/101 over to fire the 357sig round.

What I ended up doing was order a Fire Dragon threaded barrel to convert a 357sig pistol over to fire the .40s&w round. About now you are most likely asking yourself if you read this comment correct or not. The deal breaker came in the form of an unexpected aquisition from with in the family.

Member #
    Liked
    2788 times
    Nice! I will admit I am not a Glock lover but I have had a major itch for a 10mm lately and they are one of the few companies that still make a reasonably priced pistola in that caliber
    ‘‘It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.’’ - Justice Robert H. Jackson

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9991 times
    My son has the 10MM Glock. He flat out loves the way it fires. But then he got bored and now I bet he has close to $1,000 into his 10MM. He sent it back to Glock and had the slide and barrel ported and polished, night sights/fiber optics combination installed. I think this will be one he keeps for a long time.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links