Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taurus PT-100

Member #
    Liked
    113 times

Taurus PT-100

Hello everyone!
    I had a question regarding the Taurus PT-100 chambered in .40 S&W.
    Little background first! My brothers B-Day was 2 days ago. He wants a new firearm. he think's he is old enough to be trusted with a bigger caliber than .22 LR.
    So I say, Ok. What were you thinking of? Now we spoke about this matter about a week before his B-Day and he was thinking a EAA Witness 9mm. I said that's fine, If I see it at the LGS if your not with me, I will let you know about it.

A few days ago, I went to the LGS not far from me at all. He had brought in some new firearms. Great I thought to myself and had a look over what he had.
    In the midst of it all, I see a Beretta 92D for $295. Next to it? A Taurus PT-100 blued for $295 as well. I looked it over and looks to be about 85%-90% condition.
    3 dot white sight looks good, Also had the wood grips. Safety and decocker on it. I decided to tell my brother about this a few days later. 2 days after his B-Day, we go to the LGS to make sure he still has it.

Took a minute to find it, Changed it to another glass container. I showed him the Beretta and the Taurus. I never checked the Beretta out and can say what a terrible condition it was in. Lot's of holster wear on the rear right side. Who ever owned must have been left handed. Anyways, Back to the point of this. We ask to see the Taurus. Great looking condition so far. Doesn't look like any modifications were done to it as the trigger pull was a bit heavy in DA mode. Not so bad in SA mode.

So he looked at it, Checked it out and what not. It comes with just one magazine but he really liked it and so did I to be honest. So we ask the LGS associate if we can do Lay-A-Way on it because they are not fond of it due to the issues in the past. With tax and all, Out the door is $315.
    I put down $60 on it. This is my B-Day gift to my brother. He was going for the Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 Spcl with Aluminum frame but it was in horrid condition.
    Scratches every where! I really don't understand some people...Looks like it never been cleaned!

Anyways, How do you guys think I did for the price?
    5' BBL
    Blued
    10 round magazine ( Or was it 11? )
    SA/DA
    Decocked
    Safety
    Wood grips
    3-Dot sight
    Clean looking pistol!
    Chambered in .40 S&W
    I will get pics next time, I know I know, Worthless thread without pics!

Kinda funny how he went from a 9mm to a .40 S&W and I did explain to him that this had some snappy recoil to it and it wouldn't be to hard to feed it since we reload for it.

Oh yeah, This is not the 11 year old that I told you guys about last time. This is the other brother who turned 14 just now.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9702 times
    I'd say ya done purrty darn good there!!! The PT100 is one sweet shooting piece of metal...between the 100 and 101, I think I have three of them all dresse differently of course.

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    I haven't shot my PT101P, yet, but I think that anything from that series Taurus is going to be a good choice. I have to admit I'm biased, since I have the PT92, 917, 101P, and just got a PT99 off Gun Broker. I think it is a great birthday present idea too. I just get scratch-off lottery tickets. Happy Birthday, to your brother. Happy Shootin' and Be Safe.
    a.k.a. 2LOGICL. While I do not enjoy the misery of others, I do find comfort in it.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    2069 times
    You did very well! Very good price assuming very good condition.

That said, I'm also partial to EAA Witness 9mm's in the original small frame. That will have to be next on his list!
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    Alright! Finally went today and picked it up. It is the PT-100 AF model with a 11 round magazine. So capacity is a nice 12 rounds.
    He loves it and was excited to see it out. No sooner he seen it, He want's to start reloading for it. He made some loads yesterday for my PT940 and they shot well. He still needs quite a bit of help in his shooting as they were all over the place. I was happy to see my shots were more in the center
    Of course, I will teach him as he goes on how to clean his gun, disassemble and reassemble it. It wasn't to dirty and the SA pull ain't half bad. DA is OK...

Anyways, I have some pics here for I thought you guys might like. I took the pictures with his ITouch and it was in the reloading area AKA the basement.
    Let me know what you guys think of the condition.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    2 more pictures here. Sorry about them being sideways, I forgot the ITouch does that with the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    I believe you made the right choice. I love the .40 round, and the PT100 is a great pistol. I don't have one at the present moment, I just have to be happy with my PT140!
    HE thinks, therefore I am! <><

Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    yep you made the correct choice,,, and by the way congrats

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    Good job! Lots of folks think the pre-rail version is the only way to go. A real classic.
    a.k.a. 2LOGICL. While I do not enjoy the misery of others, I do find comfort in it.

Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    Got back from the range with it. Used some reloads an this puppy is pretty accurate at about 7-8 yards. I got 4 shots in about a 1" area. Shoulda took a pic for show and tell but i didnt. Next time when i get the chance i will. It loves 180 gr bullets to what i seen!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links