Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PT58 HC Plus Stainless Steel

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

PT58 HC Plus Stainless Steel

I would like to own one but most reviews I saw on You Tube are in spanish. Anyone here owns one that can give me his/her honest opinion? Thanks!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10795 times
    I owned a PT-58 in stainless up until last Friday. I neve did fire it, just never got around to it. Mine had wood checked grips and was a pure beauty. Fit and finish was great just like a smaller version of a PT92/99/100/101. I traded it for a Circuit Judge just for something a little different, and to be honest I am just not into the .380 round.

Are you looking at picking one of the PT58HC that Gallery of Guns has on sale?
    Last edited by jonrjen; 04-29-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4069 times
    I have both an early, blued, PT58, and a new, stainless, PT58 HC. Both guns have been reliable, accurate, and show no signs of wear after a thousand rounds have gone through the PT58 HC. The older PT58, with several thousand rounds through it, has just recently been treated to a new recoil spring. It has been flawless, as well.

I actually like the smaller PT58 better, as the magazine of the HC makes the gun virtually as big as the standard PT92 though the frame.

My PT58 HC is gorgeous.

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    I just purchased the blue PT58HC, and hope that it is half as good as all the info I found, especially comparing it to the PT92. Depending on what you're looking for, you should be well served.
    a.k.a. 2LOGICL. While I do not enjoy the misery of others, I do find comfort in it.

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JR View Post
    I have both an early, blued, PT58, and a new, stainless, PT58 HC. Both guns have been reliable, accurate, and show no signs of wear after a thousand rounds have gone through the PT58 HC. The older PT58, with several thousand rounds through it, has just recently been treated to a new recoil spring. It has been flawless, as well.

I actually like the smaller PT58 better, as the magazine of the HC makes the gun virtually as big as the standard PT92 though the frame.

My PT58 HC is gorgeous.
    Do any of the smaller capacity mags fit it??
    a.k.a. 2LOGICL. While I do not enjoy the misery of others, I do find comfort in it.

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    I owned a PT-58 in stainless up until last Friday. I neve did fire it, just never got around to it. Mine had wood checked grips and was a pure beauty. Fit and finish was great just like a smaller version of a PT92/99/100/101. I traded it for a Circuit Judge just for something a little different, and to be honest I am just not into the .380 round.

Were the mags interchangeable?? Would a smaller capacity mag fit??

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post

Yup, that's the one I'm thinking of buying!! What do you think? I just want to use something smaller to qualify for the CHL... I tried my Beretta, my XD and my PT101P I can't seem to hit the target... I'm okay with the Raging Bull and the 941SS but not the semi auto.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JR View Post

My PT58 HC is gorgeous.
    I'm okay with the 19 rounds.. The more bullets the better... I can't shot with the semi auto whether it's a 9mm, 40SW or the 45ACP... But I'm really good with my Mosquito 22lr and my revolvers!!!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10795 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum454 View Post
    Yup, that's the one I'm thinking of buying!! What do you think? I just want to use something smaller to qualify for the CHL... I tried my Beretta, my XD and my PT101P I can't seem to hit the target... I'm okay with the Raging Bull and the 941SS but not the semi auto.
    It is a good looking gun, and I can't really say anything negative about it. I am simply cutting the need to keep another size round out of ammo inventory. And since the difference between the size of the .380 and 9mm is next to nothing, and I can find 9mm ammo for less money than .380, I'll stick to 9mm. Now if you would like a nice 9mm to go after, I love my PT917 which frams size wise would be very comp to the PT58HC. My 917 is dead on accurate...even when I know I am not for some reason. Another pistol that I love in the 9mm is my PT-911. Last PT-911 pistols I purchased I believe I gave $358 in stainless and $338 in blue. Both were brand new in the box. I have 3 of the PT-911 pistols...2 with the rail and 1 without the rail. All are easy point aim and hit the target pistols. Now the PT-917 is a discontinued model and not the easiest to locate, but well worth the search.

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum454 View Post
    You should always carry something comfortable, but capacity is not an issue during the CHL qual., you'll only load 5 rounds at a time during the test. You might want to practice that to see how the weight feels. Of course, the other option is to take the CHL with a revolver, but then you'll have to carry a revolver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links