Taurus Firearm Forum banner

LPA TPU Rear Sight for PT92

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  hunterdad 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
I don't know for sure, but you might find a vid on YouTube. Lots of good gun stuff there. If you are going to install yourself, be VERY CAREFUL as you drift the old sight out. The sight holds down a spring thingy, that WILL enter a worm hole into another spacial existence, never ever to be seen again. :D Then you'll have to call Taurus and be without. :( Where did you get the sight from, and how long did it take?? I've been wanting one for my 92 also, but Midway and Brownell's have always been out of stock when I look.

#3 ·
Hmm. My inclination here is to suggest to hunterdad to drive out the old sight with the gun in a gallon Ziplock. Lost a PT1911 spring keeper that way in the great depths of my shelf unit on the wall during assembly 3 years ago. Found it a few months back!

#4 · (Edited)
#8 ·
You're quite welcome. The reason I went with this sight was because the dot on my front sight was manufactured improperly. At least I believe it was. If I lined up the dots instead of the blade it would shoot low. It looked something like this when I lined up the sights:

Now I have the front sight painted so my old eyes can pick it up better and I just ignore the dot. I also a prefer a six o'clock hold and this sight makes that possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.