Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times

Taurus PT-92 Compact Grips

Does anybody know where some can be bought or made? I think it was originally known as the PT-92 cf.

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    First, Welcome Aboard, and Greetings from Ft Worth, Tx.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with that model. I have a 92 and 917 that are interchangeable, so I would ask if you're sure those grips won't fit?? The other option, after the search function in this forum, I would suggest you find out the Beretta model designation and Google that. Hope that helps, good luck with that.
    a.k.a. 2LOGICL. While I do not enjoy the misery of others, I do find comfort in it.

Member #
    Liked
    1840 times
    Hello from Piqua Ohio.

The only compact version I know of is marked PT 917C It looks like it will fit standard PT 92 grips only the barrel length has been changed. If that is true then Altamont grips would work and look great but you need to cheek this out.
    Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can not feel a battle in your bones or foresee a fight. - Havamal

The best tactical add-on, as we all know down deep, is 10,000 rounds of practice ammo.-Hickok45

The breath becomes energy in the body. The energy extends past your limbs and becomes fire.-Uncle Iroh

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    Oops! I should've asked before, but what size mags does it take?? Do you know if they are the same mags as the regular PT92?? If so, then I would imagine that the frame/grip length is the same and would be compatible any other 92 grips.
    a.k.a. 2LOGICL. While I do not enjoy the misery of others, I do find comfort in it.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylo_X View Post
    First, Welcome Aboard, and Greetings from Ft Worth, Tx.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with that model. I have a 92 and 917 that are interchangeable, so I would ask if you're sure those grips won't fit?? The other option, after the search function in this forum, I would suggest you find out the Beretta model designation and Google that. Hope that helps, good luck with that.
    They won't fit a standard 92. If you look closely, the screw hole is very close to the bottom of the frame. Thanks for offering to help.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mknight View Post
    Hello from Piqua Ohio.

The only compact version I know of is marked PT 917C It looks like it will fit standard PT 92 grips only the barrel length has been changed. If that is true then Altamont grips would work and look great but you need to cheek this out.
    Yeah, again if it would fit the 92, then it won't fit the 92 comtact, which I believe is also known as the PT-92 CF. I can tell you this, they fit the PT-58, but both are rare creatures in the grip world that I know of. Thanks for offering to help.

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    Quote Originally Posted by indomitable View Post
    Yeah, again if it would fit the 92, then it won't fit the 92 comtact, which I believe is also known as the PT-92 CF. I can tell you this, they fit the PT-58, but both are rare creatures in the grip world that I know of. Thanks for offering to help.
    Okay then, it looks to me like you can use the Beretta 92C grips, but might have to 'modify' them yourself for the safety/decocker. Looks like about $80 on OpticsPlanet. You might want to get a cheap set of Hogue's for a regular 92 and trim the bottom to fit. Again, look for the Beretta designation for the model 58 and see if those parts are still available. Most (all?) of the 92 based guns have a Beretta 'clone' and you might find parts interchangeable. Develop your Google-fu.

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    P.S.
    I would prefer the 'bolt-on' options, but as a plan 'B', you could use a slip-on grip sleeve.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylo_X View Post
    Oops! I should've asked before, but what size mags does it take?? Do you know if they are the same mags as the regular PT92?? If so, then I would imagine that the frame/grip length is the same and would be compatible any other 92 grips.
    My pt92c takes a 13rd original Taurus mag but I'm in the process of buying 15rd Mecgar mags for the standard 92 because I can't get original mags without spending a fortune. I'm told they will just stick out of the bottom of the grip a little bit.I think the grips and the barrel have been shortened. My hands are not huge but my little finger still slides offf the bottom of the grip if I have the mag removed.
    Last edited by winni; 01-19-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    regards
    Winni

Duct tape is like "The Force" .....it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Sadly, one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    Quote Originally Posted by winni View Post
    My pt92c takes a 13rd original Taurus mag but I'm in the process of buying 15rd Mecgar mags for the standard 92 because I can't get original mags without spending a fortune. I'm told they will just stick out of the bottom of the grip a little bit.
    Yep, I saw that also. From the little I researched, it seems you might have better luck at least for availability, though not $$, to find the Beretta mags and accessories. Based off what I've read about the full size 92, you can 'modify' the Beretta mags to work in Taurus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links